How to create this Sound ?

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by Bruce007, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Bruce007

Bruce007 Newbie

Anyone know how they create this lead sound starts at 2:04 ?

Thanks for the Help!!

3. DarkLizzard

DarkLizzard Member

4. Bruce007

Bruce007 Newbie

Hey, sounds pretty close yet :wink:

5. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Well part of it just sounds like a filtered saw with a slow attack. I would say DardLizzard is probably right in that the other part could easily be accomplished with a layer. Listening on laptop speakers at the moment but what i'm hearing is a kind of springy, metallic sound. As a general rule metallic sounds come from some sort of enharmonic processing. For instance, a frequency shifter, or a harmonizer like the one in harmor that can be set to weird intervals, or the prism function of harmor (which is basically a free-draw frequency shifter), or the detune functions in harmor that can be frequency shifted and then brought back in tune with the adjacent, offsetting detune.

Yeah, I use a lot of Harmor.

6. Well it sounds to me like the kind of thing you get with the metasonix eurorack hardware. So I agree with Cav Emp it'd a slow ADSR Saw but it's driven through tube based saturation at a dense level. Something like the AIR Music Vacuum Pro might be a good place to start in softs, because that gets you saturation in deep in the synth chain, rather than slapping a dollop on later down the fx chain.