How to create .nicnt files (Tutorial)

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by xpertvision, Jul 31, 2012.

1. d.pohlen

d.pohlen Newbie

how did you do it?
    if i'm trying it like it's says in the first post i only get the message : ''no library found''
    i tried to add cinesamples Metallurgy.
    Can you send me your .nicnt file of metallurgy,please. i want to compare yours with mine

2. Revenant

Revenant Member

I followed the tutorial and tried creating several .nicnt files, but when I close Kontakt and run it again, the libraries are not in the list. Any ideas what might be wrong?

3. Alraun

Alraun Member

System? Kontakt Version? I once had that issue, but with a former version. Newest Kontakt works. I am on Mac.
    It has less to do with nicnt itself, i think.

4. Revenant

Revenant Member

W7 x64, Kontakt 5.1.0.

5. xpertvision

xpertvision Ultrasonic

sorry for the late reply

this is my file structure:

Instruments
    Samples
    Metallurgy Vol.1.nicnt
    wallpaper.png
    Info

this is my .nicnt:

http://rapidshare.com/files/845232745/Metallurgy%20Vol.1.rar

i hope this works for you.

first you guys need to use a good kontakt version like this one "Native.Instruments.Kontakt.5.v5.1.0.UNLOCKED.FIXED-R2R"

this is the librarys im using right now: (working 100%)

Cinematic Strings 2.1
    CineSamples CineBrass
    CineSamples CineOrch
    CineSamples CineToms 2
    CineSamples Deep Percussion Beds
    CineSamples Metallurgy Vol.1
    CineSamples VOXOS Epic Virtual Choirs
    Heavyocity Evolve Mutations
    Heavyocity Evolve Mutations 2
    Heavyocity Evolve R2
    Native Instruments Action Strings
    ProjectSAM Orchestral Brass Classic 1.2
    ProjectSAM Symphobia 1.2
    ProjectSAM Symphobia 2 1.3
    ProjectSAM True Strike
    SampleLogic Morphestra
    SampleLogic Synergy
    Tonehammer Emotional Piano
    Tonehammer Requiem Pro
    Vir2Instruments Fractured Prepared Acoustic Guitars
    Vir2Instruments Q
    Vir2Instruments Violence
    8Dio Hybrid Tools Vol 2
    8Dio Liberis
    AudioBro LA Scoring Strings 2.0.1

6. peejaypv

peejaypv Newbie

Hi guys,

My system is Mac OSX Snow Leopard (10.6) / Kontakt 5.1.0

I followed all the instructions in order to try to install a specific library.
    After creating the new .nicnt file, with the <SNPID>...</SNPID> modified
    when I try to install/load a patch, keeps saying:
    "this patch is encrypted and cannot be loaded unless the respective library".

So I can't mount any nicnt based.

Any hint?

Thanks a lot in advance.

7. tracer

tracer Member

How to create a empty .nicnt file? = just rename a empty text-file to .nicnt! ;)
    (it seems that my "nicnt" trouble last week, fit's more or less to this thread -> just in the boring & destructive other direction)

So WTF i mean with an empty .nicnt ?:
    you can also add \ place a libray with just an empty (wich really means a "zero-byte dummy") nicnt file, cause a real nicnt gets after adding (transformed into a standart .xml) anyway into the usual service center products xml's place , this is the importand place since now, your librarys root nicnt is jobless now. <- ok, this makes no sense for the first and all, BUT: it helps me try adding a lib in a unuasual way last week, cause kontakt doesn't want accept a library from my self \ the edited .nicnt file (wich normaly always works fine here!) but really no matter wich settings i made (eg. carefully use the same names as the nicnt file \ all thinkable snpid(s) alpha numeric ranges & many more) -> Kontakt doesnt accept anything, except informing me that my libfolder \ the nicnt-file and ALL is no library! ...because of this, i try it some more manually (by doing near the same than kontakt do, in such a lib-add process) and why ever: this brings me directly succsess, without any problems! so if someone have in any time trouble adding a lib from a .nicnt, maybe try this:

i made first a usual ni-products.xml, i edit this one in a way of:

Code:
    [color="#708090"][font="Courier New"]<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?>
    <ProductHints spec="1.0.16">

<Product version="1">
    <Name>MY ADDED LIBRARY</Name>
    <Type>Content</Type>
    <PoweredBy>Kontakt</PoweredBy>
    <Visibility>1</Visibility>
    <Company>CustomLibTracer</Company>
    <AuthSystem>RAS2</AuthSystem>
    <SNPID>001</SNPID>
    <RegKey>MY ADDED LIBRARY</RegKey>
    <Icon>kontakt</Icon>
    <ProductSpecific>
    <Visibility type="Number">3</Visibility>
    </ProductSpecific>
    </Product>

</ProductHints>[/font][/color]

(where "my added library" should just the "placeholder" for the example here - and as you see: as "SNPID" i dont add the usual alpha numeric ones, i just use 001 till 2,3,4, 100 etc. )

after editing, i save the xml into the following location:
    c:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Service Center\MY ADDED LIBRARY.xml

then i made a new empty directory inside my kontakt-library locatione (where i store my samples) with: "MY ADDED LIBRARY", inside this i drop a empty .txt-file, wich i just rename to "MY ADDED LIBRARY.nicnt" (so it's a dummy now) - then i add the following 2 entrys into my registry:

Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments\MY ADDED LIBRARY]
    "Visibility"=dword:00000003
    "ContentVersion"="1.0.0"
    "ContentDir"="E:\\- SampleStuff\\03 Kontakt Librarys\\MY ADDED LIBRARY\\"

Code:
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Native Instruments\MY ADDED LIBRARY]
    "UserListIndex"=dword:00000000
    "UserRemoved"=dword:00000000
    "CurBrowseDir"="E:\\- SampleStuff\\03 Kontakt Librarys\\MY ADDED LIBRARY\\"

FINALLY:
    after this i start kontakt and all works fine, the lib is directly aviable! (without adding anything inside kontakt) so i go back to the dir and fill\copy the dir with wallpaper, documentation folder... -> all libsources. then i restart kontakt and: perfect , all is there (no matter which snpid or other things i use here since feeld hours and countless trys before... -> this was WHY EVER at the day not possible with this nicnt) maybe it was just because a overloaded machine\registry, after install a fresh win7 really ALL works still fine here. anyway, maybe this steps helps someone anytime in a similar situation...

to avoid this post from "just another useless knownledge" (lol) i have to add also a alternate method for "nerds" to place a lib with the steps from above : let us say "you" upload your \ a custom or a real kontakt lib, who ever... then you doesn't really need such a proper .nicnt file inside the package (maybe for the user(s), who should be able placing the lib-feature in a easy 2 handle way because of this incl. nicnt)! i think the fastest & easy aviable way to add a unpacked library is also madable with the less steps i explain above. because you be able to add (except the instruments) NOTHING inside the librarys rootfolder! you only need a executable (something like a "patcher" from w**** groups) -> this one (or a small installer tool) works like this after aplly: drop a fake zerobyte .nicnt file in the root, drop the wallpaper in the root, copy the pre-made .xml file into the folder (that i post above) , adding the 2 pre-made reg-entry's (incl add the users library folder as "contentdir")

this reads long but took's 1 second, i try yesterday a patch who should work like ^^this^^ and he made what he should do, after just clicking a exe, the result is -> a new library is proper added]

i have no ideas about mac, so i can't give you an answer to your request! (except to: "no image" - "no instruments"...) this doesn't matters (for the first), if you make all like i've xplained above (ON PC) -> the library appears in kontakt (but EMPTY! *if not put all needed things inside the folders, before making the steps) , so if you fill this empty dir with a Wallpaper, documents, instruments etc. and restart kontakt = all added things appears now also like usual.

8. Phoenix2003

Phoenix2003 Newbie

hi i am new in this forum
    I tried to create the library, I can not understand why I get this error message "Library not found contenet. locate click to Set content"
    where am I wrong?

my structure folder is:
    Documentation <--(Folder empty)
    Instruments <-- (with strument piano.nki)
    Samples <-- with folder /piano/.wav
    WK4.nicnt

my versione Kontakt is 5.0.3

thank you and sorry for my english

9. tracer

tracer Member

take care that the follow registry entry store the absolute same name as your library name (the nicnt fileNAME), inclusive the right location where your library is stored on your system (the directory) , wich means -> check if your registry have this "subkey" entry (CONTENTDIR) at:

(where "red" is an example of your WK4 Directory, just replace with your "WK4"\real directory location\folder-name *wich not MUST be the same as the nicnt file*)
    hope it helps! (if not: simply navigate kontakt with your quoted "set" to your folder and restart kontakt! and finally... keep in mind: choose the dirname well = dont rename or move this dir, after create it with an nicnt file or manually in the future) *sorry for my bad english too :)*

10. LuckySevens

LuckySevens Platinum Record

Any chance I could get the .nicnt/wallpaper files from you for ProjectSAM's True Strike and True Strike 2?????

11. first35s5

first35s5 Newbie

hello all,
    great acquisition, instrument Native Damage, yes but ......
    how to write the nicnt. wonderful tool for this??
    thank you for the tutorials above, practical and useful.
    KONTAKT 5 v5.2.1

12. mikaelp

mikaelp Newbie

@xpertvision

thank you very much !!!!!!!! :mates: :thumbsup:

13. URANOS

URANOS Newbie

Thanks a lot to you all, for the excellent information. Were really great.

I have installed some libraries, with no problems, but... Two of them have been so difficult to install. I have spent hours to find why, but, just keep saying "This patch is, bla, bla, bla..." :-(

The curious thing is that they have worked so well in the past, with this same Kontakt 5 (5.1.0 craked version), before I reinstall windows 7 x64.

- CineSamples VOXOS Epic Virtual Choirs
    - Spitfire ALBION I

I,ve tried to download the "VOXOS.nicnt" file, but unfortenatelly the links seem to be dead.

Please guys, could anyone send me this two "VOXOS.nicnt" and "ALBION.nicnt" files??? :-( Really appreciated!

Thanks a lot in advance.

Sorry for my englinh.

Regards from Lisbon, PORTUGAL

14. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

Food for thought!!! when ever you change your OS to the same or 32bit to 64it Always save your .xml folder(Service Center Folder)
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Service Center

Delete all of the following locations from your registry(PC Only)If on mac delete the .plist files
    (Note: some of them might not be there, that's good!!)
    ————
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Native Instruments\VOXOS
    ======
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments\VOXOS
    ====
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments\Content
    (Delete anything named VOXOS, all of them must be deleted)Very important!!!!
    —–
    Folder location:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Service Center\VOXOS.xml

Do the same thing for Albion

Check Your PM

Now re-add the library in Kontakt

Enjoy!!!

15. odod

odod Rock Star

anyone care to share the whole complete collection ???

16. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

One Day.. there just too many libraries to up with

17. Manu404

Manu404 Newbie

Thank's a lot, works perfectly !

18. strejda603

strejda603 Member

Hi there!
    I made applescript which create .nicnt automatically! :wink: So MacOS users can use this script :excl: :wink:

I tested it on my Macbook Pro (OS Mavericks) and works great!!! :bow:

Attached Files:

19. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

Welcome to Audiosexpro :wink:
    Thanks for the efforts, but can you give us more details about your script and have you beta tested with other members to see if there is any issues.Cheers

20. strejda603

strejda603 Member

Thanks for greeting, Kontakt Guru! :)
    This script does this things: It search and replace original text with text you will write to its dialog boxes (Company name, Bank name and SNPID) and use TextEdit to do that (this "Search and Replace" script i found on net - Bruce Philip's str_replace() ), then it will move this changed .nicnt file, with name you wrote to "Bank name" dialog box, to folder you have already open in Finder and use backup file to stay original .nicnt file untouched so you can use it again and again! *yes*
    At last, it will ask if you want to add wallpaper to your bank (you can choose .png image of any name - it will rename it automatically to "wallpaper.png")
    I didn't beta tested yet with other members. That's why I posted it here - to share it and test, if it works to another members :mates: You can test it yourself (if you are Mac user) if you want :)
    I use this script by myself and I think (if it will works) I should share it ;)

Here is source code for it:
    !!!This works only if you put attached files ("Source.nicnt" and "Source.nicnt (backup)") to your Documents folder... If anyone have an idea to improve this script (to make it easier or more efective), you are welcome!!! :thumbsup: