How to create .nicnt files (Tutorial)

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by xpertvision, Jul 31, 2012.

1. xpertvision

xpertvision Ultrasonic

Tutorial Edited/translated and improved by Xpertvision , thanks Von Geschaftemacher

i made a new way to create the .nicnt files (less editing easier and cleaner)

preview of the final .nicnt file:

this file will add CineToms 2 on your kontakt 5.03 (i already add 30 libraries like this)

in Attachment i uploaded the .nicnt + .png file made by me to add CineToms 2 to kontakt , remember to use notepad++ (hexeditor) to open it

EDIT: use the THANKS button to say thanks dont send me messages , thanks ;)

• Like Like x 15
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • List

Attached Files:

3. xoso

xoso Kapellmeister

Not a secret. In fact there are at least 2 tutorials on this site for it I believe. Either that or they are instructions on the downloads to do such.

I'm pretty sure in the end the nicnt files are just text files with a structure like xml. And that I know is posted on this site.

4. Von Geschaftemacher

Von Geschaftemacher Noisemaker

xpertvision,
    follow the link: Click on me
    The first search result - this is it.

For a general overview you don't need a registration, but if you're going to ask questions - registration required.
    I've done that description several months ago.
    Don't forget to use Google Translate (in case of need).

5. Von Geschaftemacher

Von Geschaftemacher Noisemaker

xpertvision,
    also you'll find a lot of additional notes in the thread.

6. xpertvision

xpertvision Ultrasonic

finally finish my editings:

i already added all my libraries time to make some music :)

7. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Hello guys it seems you know a lot about Kontact, let me ask you, may be you have the answer:

Is there a way to order libraries in the library tab, without having to drag them. Which is a pain if you have a lot of libraries.

8. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Platinum Record

Use a little program called Custom Kontakt Library by Doubley v 2.1
    With that you can order librarys aswell as adding end delete librarys
    As far as i know its not on AudioZ but you find elsewhere like on V** C*** and ATZ and Audionews

9. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

@ Guitarmaniac64 Thank you very very much for this help. Man you can´t imagine how much time you just save me !!!

This program is changing/writing somefile somewhere to change libraries oder. I would really like to know where and what is this file, so I could back it up, and in case of desaster recuperate it.

10. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Platinum Record

You maybe know this already?
    You can save a regfile as a backup..

I cant confirm all lib:s are in order but i can confirm they will be there if something happens to your system...

I have tried it myself after i did a formatting of my system some years ago BUT without choosing "selected hives"
    I just tested it and hoped it would work..
    And it did... Imaging my "YES" when i saw it..

But the lib:s was NOT in the same order as it was before BUT they where all there which was good enough for me back then..

A coulple of days later after my YES experience

I saw this info!! (Taken from V** C***)

B.t.w dont know if choosing "selected hives" will make it different from what i experience but if it means the lib:s are in the same order as before it would be great?

11. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Thank you Guitarmaniac to recommend the Custom Kontakt Library by DoubleY, it is real good. It was quite hard to find, so if someone want it, look for it in the brother site

Yes I founded the the reg system (Exported the hive from my old reg and imported it to my new one after a big crash) but I didn't found the HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/Native Instruments file,
    so I imported only the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Native Instruments file which contains the libraries info, but not the order.

Now I could verify that the order is stored in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/Native Instruments file/hive.

So thanks to you now I can back it up after I done some order there.

:wink:

12. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

@ xpertvision Thanks a lot for your hep. I have followed exactly your method and have created a lib in Kontakt. real fine.!! This way it is not only about creating a lib it is that you can share it.

And a question, if <SNPID>d8c</SNPID> should be unique registration number, how can you be sure there is no other library using the same SNPID, And what happens if you put the same SNPID as an existing library?

13. xpertvision

xpertvision Ultrasonic

i really dont know too , but its possible both stop working or crash

the way i do is impossible to get problems , becouse i start doing like "aa0" then "aa1" etc etc when i get to "aa9" i start to add "ab0" the "ab1" and so on , this way you really need to have millions of libraries to get a problem...

14. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Thank you for your answer Xpertvision

I understand your way, but what if you already have libs loaded when you begin to use this?
    And the second thing is that, this method is especially interesting to be able to share libraries. So if there is a risk of conflict with other libraries, It cant be shared then.

I´ll do a double on purpose, and come back here to say what happens.

15. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

I have done a double , and guess what? Not a real problem, Kontakt simply says that the library already exist. The real problem is that it memorize the one you tried to add, so you have to delete it every where in the registry and in the xml folder ( C: \ Program Files \ Common Files \ Native Instruments \ Service Center ) to add it again.

I´d like to find a way to list the codes already used.

16. primelpott

primelpott Newbie

Hi,

tried your recipe for creating libs. Worked great. Thank You.

But one question is still left ... in upper right corner is an activate button.
    What for? What means that? Is there any restriction using the new libs?

Cheers,

17. audiodessey

audiodessey Banned

Hello guys. Thanks for this amazing tutorial!
    However, I still get problem with Cinesample's Voxos. Voxos 1.2 gets ncint error with Kontakt 5. It doesn't open up anymore. I tried to create a fake ncint file with this method however it still doesn't work well.
    Can anyone create a perfect fake ncint file for Voxos and post it here?
    If you update your Voxos to 1.2 and try to run it on kontakt 5, you'll know what I mean. It says nki files are encrypted and fails to open. ;-(

18. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

@ Audiodessy

I have made a Voxox nicnt file for you, and I have put the original NICNT file too you can try both. take it here: http://ul.to/m3jk70qs

19. DrZicMu

DrZicMu Newbie

For each library there are in fact three Key used (and not two as mentionned).

For example if you have a library called "Performace Sitar" you will have the following entries in the registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Native Instruments\Performance Sitar
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments\Performance Sitar
    HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1148602905-3542956945-694617193-1000\Software\Native Instruments\Performance Sitar

and the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments\Content contains an entry with "Performance Sitar" (this seems to be the place that contains order?)

20. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

How to create a custom library on OS X ?

21. Suna

Suna Newbie

Hi,

I have Kontakt 5.0.3 and mac os x mountain lion.
    Since I upgraded Kontakt to 5.0.3 all my libraries are missing from kontakt database, everytime I'm launching it!
    Except for 2 of them who's got nicnt files in it (all the other libraries got nkc and nkx files but no nicnt.)
    Is anyone got any solution to my problem ?
    I'm dying here :D
    Thanks anyway :)

G.