How to create .nicnt files for Kontakt ?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by babbo, Jan 31, 2018.

1. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

Since v5.6.8 you have to use v5.6.0 (or in some config v5.6.5/v5.6.6) to add the library first.
    Kontakt 6.0.4 is not different from previous versions about it.
    Go to sistersite (audioz) and search for the Kontakt releases for mac (since v5.7.3), in the comment section you will find ideas about how to create the .nicnt file, how to clean the previous unsuccessful attempts from Service Center and Preferences folders.

2. Nigol

Nigol Member

got it, thank you

3. esteban

esteban Newbie

[QUOTE = "Xupito, post: 311607, member: 2651"] Con nicnt-generator y reg-explorer estás listo para comenzar. Este último en caso de que tenga problemas y desee eliminar libs.

Además, consulte librganizer en codefn42 como [USER = 11636] @Daz [/ USER] dijo [/ QUOTE]
    correo Could you help us? , you could upload all the nicnt generating programs, I need one in which the nicnt already creates it already contains the image, or one that can extract the image from a nicnt file if possible

4. Rockseller

Rockseller Platinum Record

Yo make file container (instrument options, create file container)

5. Rockseller

Rockseller Platinum Record

can we share scripts and stuff and learn together? i also got into that shit and i love it... the ksp manual is really good !!! NI scripting forum also nice.

-(guys can we make a new thread where we collect everything that helps ppl make instruments and scripts so there would be a nice go to for related questions?)

this helpful?

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
  6. panosonap

panosonap Newbie

Hello guys! It's my very first post in this forum! it's great finding it! :)

I have a piano VST for Kontakt. The folder contains:
    2 files of .nkr .nkc and
    2 folders: instruments and the samples
    It doesn't have a .nicnt file, so I could add it on my Kontakt 5 library.
    Can I create such a thing? Or is there any other way I can add it? How do I make it?
    I've read the previous posts, but I confused :s

Btw, I'm new to VST and DAW and all these stuff! So I'm trying to figure out how all this works. \
    Thank you in advance!

7. AMERICUH

AMERICUH Kapellmeister

You have to browse the files (nkr, nkc) in Kontakt itself ..

So it doesn't create a tab on the left side like the Factory Library .. :wink:

8. panosonap

panosonap Newbie

Thank you for replying!
    But isn't possible to make it like a library by creating a .nicnt file?

9. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

There were libraries in the past that didn't have .nicnt file but you could add them as a library. Those had an .nkr (and its cache file, .nkc) in the library's main folder. It appears that the newest Kontakt versions don't allow these old form of libraries to add. For that case you can try creating an .nicnt file. But be careful when you choose the SNPID code for not to coincide with already added library's code that you can find in Service Center. The easiest if you just choose three numbers.

In the first post of this thread you will find an example that you can use.
    - Create a text file (in simple text mode)
    - Give the file a name that will be the library's name (it can be anything but let's name it as you can recognize the library), and end the file's name with .nicnt
    - Copy and paste the codelines from the first post and change the name in the lines Name and Regkey to the name you just gave to your new .nicnt file. This is very important: the name between the >< in those two lines has the be identical to the name of your .nicnt file!
    - put this .nicnt file to the main folder of the library and try to add the library in Kontakt. If you're on mac, you have to do it in 5.6.0 (or 5.6.6) first in order to have it added in newer versions.

10. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I can add old libraries without .nicnt without problems using Kontakt v6.2.2. One of them is Tonehammer Requiem Light 1.0.
    So if the library doesn't show in the column, it needs a .nicnt

11. panosonap

panosonap Newbie

Thank you very much!!! I'll try it and then I'll let you know!

12. panosonap

panosonap Newbie

This is a vst for Kontakt that you can add external libraries through it?

13. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Just the regular Kontakt application with its "add library" option

14. Pedro Neves

Pedro Neves Newbie

I normally I was doing the process just creating a plist and create a new child on the content plist . No , I’m lost with the new kontakt version I can’t see if worked on the older kontakt version and don’t appear on the new one . I don’t have an xml file on service center of this library’s I want to add without nicnt . Any solution ?

15. dalyon

dalyon Newbie

how do I install a library? I downloaded a library for a torrent site I have the Nicnt where or how do I install it I'm new to konkakt

16. josenacha

josenacha Producer

If the library is original (there are many that are not and also have .nicnt), in Kontakt ADD LIBRARY
    Specify the path of the library folder and that's it

17. dalyon

dalyon Newbie

thanx I think I gotta start from scratch because now the library are not working I added to k5 it said k6 and k6 not playing them and the library time up as demo

18. Stands Alone

Stands Alone Newbie

May I please ask someone to pm me Tracer for windoze. Thanks heaps

19. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

You need a k'd Kontakt, otherwise it's going to show in demo mode.

20. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

I do "add" the libraries, but if no library is found, i do not care. I do not use the library list with the pretty wallpapers.
    I only use Quickload, and i have my libraries arranged how i like, and easy to change, or add another favorite folder for a while.
    Quickload is just shortcuts, and to me it's the best way. No pretty pictures, but ...oh well.
    Kontakt ought to be using a Quickload setup by default, and have the wallpaper library view for people who want the Slowload method..lol
    The instruments load in the same time, of course...it is just usually easier (faster) to access via Quickload than by scrolling hundreds of libraries.
    One could spend years just loading in wallpapers...