How to create a very "streamlined?" autotune vocal chain?

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by Tjakje, Jun 4, 2024.

1. Tjakje

Tjakje Member

Okay so the title is not the best description of what I am looking for because it probably is not an "autotune" effect but rather some sort of doubler? What I am trying to replicate is the following type of vocal chain, It feels very "narrow" to me. I am sorry the example is in Dutch, while there are probably more examples this one came to my mind.

I have tried to create a vocal chain with quite a lot of compressors, doubler, compressing the doubled signal then flattening the track and then again add compression and a doubler. The sound is getting closer but it feels a lot "weaker" and less "narrow" than the example i've provided.

Would love to hear some suggestions I can try out to make it closer!

3. Lad Impala

Lad Impala Platinum Record

i'm not sure about the signal chain. But i definitely hear some heavy auto-tune.
    You could also try a really short slap-back delay for thickening your vocals like they did in this song.