How to create a "Jungle Atmosphere"? (EDM)

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by BENZZER, Nov 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. BENZZER

BENZZER Ultrasonic

Yeah hello, Idk what to say. I just want an dark Jungle atmosphere for my intro.
    inspired by the famous Series "Lost"

any tips/ideas on sounds and effects would be helpful

3. fritzm

fritzm Producer

I know some feminist chics that never shave anywhere, probably a good place to look for a "dark jungle" atmosphere. :)

4. spyfx

spyfx Guest

hi @BENZZER if you are looking for that exact sound it is the Armenian Sun patch in Spectrasonics Atmosphere or Omnisphere :wink:

5. BENZZER

BENZZER Ultrasonic

come on i need more lol

6. hani king

hani king Platinum Record

hi benzzer
    well..i never seen any lost episode (yup i need to watch it but then again those tv shows keeps coming nonstop lol)
    anyways, i have tips for you sir
    its interesting concept to create '' dark atmosphere'' with
    1- nature sounds winds/rain/thunder sound
    2-locations like mountains/sea/forest
    3-using fx sound from birds/wolves/tigers/seagulls and (and pitch it to create a unique monster sound 'wink' )
    5-let your melodic a key/pad/even phrase words ''lead'' the intro right in to verse parts to any style you are producing
    ,whether its fast tempo with IDM/ trance /pop/ or slow tempo jazz/ chill out/ambient
    6-if you are creating an epic track make sure the intro creates an epic atmosphere
    7-collect these African /tribal/ethnic drums (and another 'wink' by pitch them on and off to get new ideas
    8- flutes/brasses/pianos/ and other semi real instruments are recommended

i can recommend you listen to these songs,each song has a theme
    the extended version of ''jungle in my heart'' by bad boys blue, (jungle theme with African bongos)
    ''piraten wie wir' 'by andrea berg (pirate theme with excellent use of keys and drums)
    ''thriller'' by michael jackson,its horror theme and used howls ,evil laughs doors shut, and yes vincent price voice too
    these are just examples ,doesnt mean you have to copy them,buts its interesting to know
    those producers selected the right fx to create an atmosphere inside the main story (i mean inside the track)

so with all that been said , i hope this will help you building your projects
    good luck benzzer

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. tooloud

tooloud Guest

First, gather your chimps. A Marmoset or two sound great. Then some birds, Macaws make a really good jungle sound. Insects are vital. Crickets, wasps, all good. I'd add rain and thunder and whatever you do, avoid music. Maybe a distant log drum, but anything else will ruin the vibe.

8. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

9. tooloud

tooloud Guest