how to control MIDI in reaper?

Discussion in 'Software' started by pelao, Oct 5, 2017.

1. pelao

pelao Kapellmeister

hello guys i'm a reaper user and i want to know if reaper have a tool for control midi parameters such the CC controls and fundamentally the mod wheel and pitch wheel i do not want to buy a controller because i use midi for a few things you know... so if you can help me please comment below. THANKS!!!

3. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

apparently the virtual midi keyboard still does not support these functions..so you're just going to have to do your research
    with assignable actions for example... or get a cheap 25 key midi controller with the wheels
    not sure why you would want to struggle with a qwerty situation to accomplish what you want to do...
    I just got a 1st gen axiom 25 for $30.

having said that... your question did pique my curiosity.. so I searched down a few things..
    but you'll just have to read it for yourself...

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=128996

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=118476

4. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

There are multiple ways to control MIDI in Reaper. Most track and plug-in parameters can be controlled using automation.

There are also included JS plugins that offer midi CC control which can also be automated.

5. saltwater

saltwater Guest

some ideas to pimp you qwerty :keys::

you could use your phone and emulate a modwheel and pitchbend with lemur, for that purpose it has the perfect size :)
    there are also dedicated apps for just the wheelz :hillbilly:

then there is various trackpad/mouse emulation software available

or use the mouse scroll wheel:
    https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=118476

6. synths4grins

synths4grins Producer

It sounds like you are just looking to add mod wheel and pitch bend CC data to a MIDI track. Just look below the piano roll and you can draw any MIDI CC data you like.
    [​IMG]

7. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

What I always use: BOMEs Midi Keyboard Mouse. From the creator of BOMEs Midi translator. The guy knows a couple of things about MIDI productivity on a computer.

Very old, very powerful. I very high much recommend it.
    You can use the mouse to control pitch and modulation at the same time.
    You can use a gamepad to control whatever the hell you want :). I used one to control the wah wah amount of a guitar solo here:

8. pelao

pelao Kapellmeister

i choose ample bass P that comes with effects automated like slide and legato, so i'll test and decide between modo bass and ample bass

9. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

reacontrolMIDI?