How to contact Cataly5t Our former moderator of AudioZ?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by LV4-26, Oct 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LV4-26

LV4-26 Guest

Hi!

For those who have not known, Cataly5t was a great moderator.

He has a lot participated in all matters such as the problems of software installations, problems with Kontakt, libraries and many more. His moderation towards the offensive words, or messages out of context, that always made with great humanity.

But when he had to take tough decisions against recalcitrant members, he always has done for a good reason. And this after several warning messages.

I wish I could contact him for having his news. We linked the strong links. We exchanged some secrets about life itself. It was a time when we were still able to listen to friends, even though we had never met them.

I think of him often. Although many have forgotten, we remember this super awesome guy.

All information will be welcomed with joy by private message.

Thank you to all of you. [​IMG]

• Like x 12
    • Love it! x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

I know everything may happen with everyone.
    'twas too strange when he had left this audioz/audiosex community when something happened with his rights to moderate here. And I was really disappointed because of that. He is a cool guy. Respect and a lot of kudos.

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  4. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

I wanna give a shout out to @Olymoon who is doing a great even handed job these days in the Z...

I don't know if you guys are just deciding to blindly dis-remember the more unsavory elements of the Cat regime,
    perhaps you weren't on the receiving end of it..but some of us were..

best of luck to him..

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Interesting Interesting x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  5. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

Whatever anyone thought of his actions, it's important to remember that he was motivated to preserve the long-term health of the scene.

In business, finance, and many aspects of life, what is beneficial in the short-term is often harmful in the long-run.

EDIT: Yes, Oly is doing a great job. Not too many that could do it as well.

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  6. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

explain?

7. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

I fully trust Saint`s decisions...

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  8. lukehh

lukehh Audiosexual

Best Answer
    Why dont simply contact him at our partner site? He was online yesterday as far as I can see at his profile information.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

I think Olymoon is doing a great job, and I don't think any positive mention of Catalysts work before is an indictment of him or Saint etc.

Catalyst DID work tirelessly to make this place great for everyone. SAiNT and he at the end did not see eye to eye I guess, and all good, it's SAiNT's site for christs sake and he can make his own decisions obviously. I don't know what went on, and there were some ugly times and things said by different members here that kinda was sad (IMHO)...

I absolutely wish Catalyst the very BEST wherever he is, and he offered a lot of help/assistance/friendship etc to many. I don't remember any "reign of terror", and I think there were a lot of things that were completely blown out of proportion from what I saw. I certainly never saw him treat anyone unfairly etc... He is a good man. If others experienced something, I won't tell them that they didn't. I didn't see it. Doesn't mean they didn't at least perceive that they experienced it. And I'm not going to go down that rabbit hole right now...

But he is my friend, I miss him, and have his back.

Olymoon is doing a great job, and it's an extremely TOUGH job. Moderating insults, racist/ hate filled posts etc... Making sure everything is copecetic... We as members have it VERY easy. So I respect ALL who work here, contribute, and help everyone out.

Catalyst, if you are out there and read this, take a moment to reach out to those of us who respect you and love you.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  10. Bassmonsta

Bassmonsta Ultrasonic

Yes Cat was a great guy. I hope he is well and happy in what ever he is doing these days.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. BudSpencer

BudSpencer Producer

Catalyst ALWAYS treated me with the utmost respect and attention. I have nothing but good feelings and words about him. I wish him the best throughout his life and endeavours.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  12. LIP (Live in Peace) Catalyst...you are missed.

13. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

@ArticStorm I am not here to open old wounds or beefs.. but you have been here long enough
    to have some idea what I am talking about.. as there were huge threads devoted to just this topic...

if you don't recall it.. all I can say is maybe you were not looking while it was going on? :dunno:

14. ddoctor

ddoctor Kapellmeister

Catalyst banned me. An american nazi nothing more.

• Like x 2
    • Dislike x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • List
  15. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

please don't make him an American..we have enough bad vibes around as it is.. he was not an American.. afaik

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

you can have your issues with a person, a moderator etc... but of all things...he certainly was not a nazi. a term you shouldn't frivolously bandy about. Herr Derr may have some issues and beef, and out of respect for him and all members, of course he is entitled to his opinion... ... but come on man...

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Before my time here but there used to be a post on AZ about exactly what happened with Cataly5t from SAiNT himself with a whole lot of supporting evidence. I can't find it anymore though.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  18. celtic3342

celtic3342 Audiosexual

It would be too easy for me talking about some things occurred with Catalyst and his band concerning me. Lukehh and Intrinsic know very well what I´m talking about. I can understand the friendship among people with many years in this and the other site, but my direct contact with Catalyst was not the same than yours. But I will not remember that situation. Only will say that the messages that they sent me during that incident, should be interesting they say me face to face.

And don´t disturb Olymoon. He knows what happened and some time ago he said me he didn´t want to talk about that. No one word. Let him in peace. That´s past. And as @Pinkman said, it was published time ago on audioz what happened. Too power for a child. As in any other forum. And I don´think that post from Saint has to be eternally on audioz wall.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  19. BumBcL0t

BumBcL0t Producer

It didn't take me long to find these stellar examples of Catalysts 'moderation'... :unsure: :dunno:

It's not hard to find more examples, either.

SAiNT made the right decision demoting him. If Catalyst was innocent and had nothing to hide, where is his public response? If he cared so much, why did he just disappear... I do not miss his arrogant and power mad attitude.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016

Attached Files:

20. tulamide

tulamide Audiosexual

Exactly the same here. It was before my time, but I read the long message from SAiNT regarding the topic. From my understanding it was the right decision, but I also know that remembering the past can be filtered quick - our brain just loves to fool us. However, I'm fine with our current mods, they do their job, they act and react (sometimes a little late, but hey, I don't expect them to notice everything right from the beginning), and since I didn't know him I also don't miss him.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  21. Dom PabliTTo

Dom PabliTTo Kapellmeister

Catalyst is at school learning sound design with xfer serum :hahaha:
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List