How to completely uninstall Omnisphere

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by Bigg Bey, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Bigg Bey

Bigg Bey Newbie

good day,

I am trying to uninstall omnisphere and for some reason logic keeps seeing it on the hd. the vst and component folders located at hd/library/audio/ component and vst are empty. I went into Logic and unchecked Omni. and trashed every folder. Am I missing something? lol obviously I am.

3. artwerkski

artwerkski Audiosexual

Try your 'user' audio folder located in the hidden lib. >click> Go in the menu bar while holding the 'alt' key, theres another library which holds another 'home' audio folder.
    Then also remove from Aplication Support > Spectrasonics > Omnisphere, Steam etc.
    The pref file from your preferences, both system lib as well as the just described 'home' lib.
    Remove the AAX, Digidesign instances.
    I looked for a Omnisphere file location list but haven't found one yet. (post it here when I do)
    Use Spotlight to search for Spectrasonics and Omnisphere files and mentions.
    :wink:

4. Bigg Bey

Bigg Bey Newbie

Thank you found it. If you saw Barbershop the movie. remember the scene when ole boy was in the motel room walking back and forth talking to the atm machine. "I'm Chi town finest!" That was me talking to this computer when I thought I had deleted all the files!! lol . Appreciate you.

5. ClemHarvey

ClemHarvey Newbie

The data files for Omnisphere are stored in your STEAM folder. When you update your patches or soundsources, you are updating files in your STEAM folder, which was created when you originally installed Omnisphere. Your STEAM folder is located inside your Spectrasonics folder. See the instructions below to find your Spectrasonics folder. Inside your Spectrasonics folder you'll find STEAM, which may be the STEAM folder, or it may be an alias (Mac) or Shortcut (Window) to the STEAM folder.

On Mac, the Spectrasonics folder is located here:
    Macintosh HD/Users/<Your Username>/Library/Application Support/Spectrasonics​

From Mac OS X 10.7 and higher, Apple have made the User - Library folder a hidden folder by default. This is to stop general Mac users fiddling with settings, however, music makers will require using this folder from time to time.

Please see the handy article on how to completely uninstall Omnisphere on Mac .