How to change the preset in Ample Guitars via midi?

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by dl65875, Jun 12, 2022.

1. dl65875

dl65875 Kapellmeister

Senario..

I open Ample Sound Ample Guitar SC, go to the Riffer, select a preset from the drop down menu to give me the sound I want, I then go to the Riffer edit panel and edit and/or create a new riff.

I hit the Riffer play button and it all sounds good.

I then drag the riff out of SC onto the SC Midi channel in my daw, hit play in my DAW and it does not use the preset I have selected in SC.

But if I drag the unedited riff into my daw it does use the preset.

My question is does any one know a way of setting the preset to be used in the midi track?

I have read the Ample User manuals several times and nowhere that I can see does it tell you how to do this.

3. poka chip

poka chip Ultrasonic

that`s strange. as i understood if you edit the riffer then drag it and hit play, the preset is changing ?
    this is not the case on my sc version 3.6 .the preset stays or at least it haven`t occured here til now.

but there`s another heavy prob with riffer. some riffs dragged to the midi channel will play odd pitches or articulations.
    e.g. take the preset good lucky and play it back via midi.
    i also did it with dicing some riffs and dragged them. many times it didn`t play the same as in within riffer.sometimes it`s ok.
    i investigated on amples kvr forum that it seems to be a problem since version 3.5.
    older 2.5 seemed fine.
    hope ample is going to fix that.

4. clone

clone Audiosexual

I don't use either of them, but I have had this happen with other similar software. Most of the time you can just put a CC Program Change in your DAW midi track just before the problem plugin starts playing notes.