How to Change path of Broken Alias (Kontakt)

Discussion in 'Samplers' started by noize2sound, Dec 1, 2018.

1. noize2sound

noize2sound Ultrasonic

Hi all,

I am on Mac OS Sierra & I recently Moved my Kontakt Libraries to new External drive. I could easily locate libraries (left side) & replaced with the new path. But I got huge Quick-load instrument collection I assume 122 folders & subfolders divided. Quick-loads are saved as an Alias in my Kontakt folder & I need to change the path of those Aliases. I can change the of those Aliases one by one but Is there any way to change Path of multiple Files/Aliases at once ? I am sure there has to be something in Terminal that I can replace old path with new drive name in batch process.

Thanks in Advance Screen Shot 2018-12-01 at 14.54.59.png

3. tooloud

tooloud Platinum Record

Delete old aliases and create new symbolic links from the new location to the old.Google Symlink creator and it's in the right click menu. Remember to remove the words symlink so that the description is identical to the new folders.

4. noize2sound

noize2sound Ultrasonic

Thanks but if I delete the Alias then basically I am doing my quickloads from the scratch right? I got BIG collection of Quickload folders so I got huge collection of Aliases.

5. noize2sound

noize2sound Ultrasonic

Update :

I renamed the disk as old one & created exact same path of Kontakt contents as previous External drive but no luck, but wait ! I restarted the computer & Bang ! Everything came on place all location same as before.

This is the easiest solution I found to shift to the new External hard drive.