How to batch resave a Kontakt Library with a Smart Voicing GUI

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by dl65875, Oct 27, 2024 at 10:44 PM.

1. dl65875

dl65875 Kapellmeister

I was digging through an old HD and found a Kontakt 5 Library that I would like to resurrect as I have a project that it would suit perfectly.

However, it has its own Smart Voicing GUI made up from loads of .png files and associated .txt files.

The documentation says the directory of these files must be placed in the Native Instruments Kontakt 5/pictures directory.

The issue is Kontakt 8 does not have a pictures directory and I do not know if it still uses this feature.

I batch resave a fair bit and can easy put Kontakt 5 back on my DAW if needed (to maintain backwards compatibility of the Library) so my questions are..

Would the batch resave process also resave the "C:\Users\ "user name" \Documents/Native Instruments/Kontakt 5/pictures/" folder or would I have to copy that separately?

Can I add a C:\Users\ "user name" \Documents/Native Instruments/Kontakt 5/pictures/" folder to Kontakt 8 so that the smart voice still works?

Many thanks.

3. Somnambulist

Somnambulist Ultrasonic

Try the simplest one first which saves you redoing it should you do the others. This one:
    Adding to this, also create a Kontakt 5 directory in Program Files and copy the files to the correct path in there as well. That way, if you have to reinstall Kontakt 5, as it did not work, they are already in the correct location. The image files should not be ridiculous in size. This is because if it looks for a Kontakt 5 directory in Kontakt 8, the path and files are there.