How to auto start a Windows app minimised?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Bunford, May 6, 2022.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I have a few apps that start up on Windows 11 startup. I limit these as much as possible to prevent impacting startup times too much.

However, one of my apps is my Rapoo app for my MT750S mouse, which is their Logitech MX Master clone. When Windows opens up, the only startup app that has its window pop up is the Rapoo software. There's no option in the app to start minimised/minimised to notification area.

Is there any way to do this? I've seen some suggested solutions, but they depend on having shortcuts on the desktop, and I prefer to have my desktop clean with no shortcuts or icons displayed etc.

3. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

Is the app in the "startup" folder? You can check by running (Win+R) "shell:startup", and if it's there, then change from the shortcut properties (Shortcut tab) Run to "Minimized" instead of "Normal window" (the default).

If the startup defined elsewhere (and Windows has a zillion of ways to do this) you can try "Autoruns" from Microsoft (originally Sysinternals): https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

You can place the shortcut in the Startup section of the Start Menu
    Oh, what @phumb-reh said.