how to assign MIDI controllers to Omnisphere?

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by Synthetech, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Synthetech

Synthetech Newbie

I started to dabble a bit with Onmnisphere v1.0 in FL and noticed I can't seem to assign a MIDI controller to anything in Omni.. I have tried both directly using Omni's assign methods and FL's. Neither one works.. even FL's method won't bring up the usual dialogue window. It just resets right after I move my controller knob.

Does a later version work right?
    Can I upgrade from 1.0 directly to v1.5* without installing all the updates between??

3. seacreature

seacreature Newbie

well you got to use the (enable host automation option)in omni...
    right click enable host automation and then move the knob you wanna connect in omni and then last tweak parameter in fl...and you are good to go! :wink:

4. BigEmptySky

BigEmptySky Member

Yes, you can install the current update without having to install every update since v1.0. The current update has all the previous updates rolled into it. Remember to be current with Omnisphere you have a Software update, Patch Library update and the Soundsource Library update. All can be found in the usual places - search and you'll find what you need. If you installed the Spectrasonics Bob Moog Tribute Library there is also a v1.1 update to that.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
    BES

5. Synthetech

Synthetech Newbie

Thank you for the help.

For some reason no matter what combination of enable host, learn CC, tweak knob, etc that I do, Omni wont link up to my MPK61's controls.

I also noticed it always asks for the challenge code when I open it up in a new project. It accepts a key and works great.. even saves user patches. But each time I start a new project I have to authenticate it again..

I have FL 11, If that matters.
    When I click enable host, I see a small Enable Host window(more like a sliver) that pops up and then immediately closes so I cannot interact with it.

Frustrating.. more so since Omni sounds wicked..

6. Adeejay

Adeejay Newbie

No worries!

Go to browser, --> Current Project, --> Generators, --> Fruity Wrapper (Omnisphere) and then choose what knob you want to assign to.
    Right click on it and choose link to controller.
    Now you only have to move the knob on your midi controller and its set!

Good luck!

7. Synthetech

Synthetech Newbie

I've tried that and it doesn't work either.. :\

8. Synthetech

Synthetech Newbie

...well I may have spoke too soon.

I have been able to get a filter cutoff to work here and there.
    But it seems dodgey.. I did find the controls in the browser/generator/Fruity Wrapper (Onmisphere).
    Sometimes I can get it to do enable host and CC Learn.. it's when I can see the enable host area is grey text and say's it's ID:8 or ID:9 and I find it in the browser/generator/ section.

If that makes any sense..
    anyways. I got some reaction out of it.. will have to jack around with it more to get the hang of it.