How to add Kontakt Instr. to the 'Libraries' area?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by chumbo, Jul 19, 2020.

1. chumbo

chumbo Ultrasonic

Hi,
    I'm new to Kontakt. I'm running the portable v6.31 and am trying to add libraries to the 'Libraries' area on the left of the GUI so I can easily load them at a later date when needed.
    I wasn't able to load the library (Handheld Sound MAD v1.0) via the standard 'Manage Libraries' button as it stated not finding any library despite pointing to the folder where was the .nki.

So I then just went to the 'Files' tab and double-clicked the .nki and that opened the library but it still won't show up in the left panel 'Libraries'. Any ideas?
    Thanks for helping a newbie! :like:

3. Windows95

Windows95 Member

You have to add libraries by registering them with their serial as of Kontakt 6+.

What you can do as a workaround, is to download the old Kontakt 5 Player and load libraries from there. They will show up in Kontakt 6 as well.

Create an account on the Native site and go here:
    https://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/downloads/drivers-other-files/

Scroll down to the Legacy Products section (it's a long way down) and download the Kontakt 5 Player.

After that, go here:
    https://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/downloads/update-manager/?q=Kontakt&t=updates

...and download the Kontakt Player 5 Update.

After installing, add your libary as you would from "Manage Libraries", exit Kontakt 5. Load up Kontakt 6. If the new library is there, you've done good. Enjoy.

4. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

No, no. :deep_facepalm:
    Kontakt 5 is only needed on Mac as an Add Library workaround.

Handheld Sound MAD is a third party library and as such has no .nicnt file, which devs pay NI for the license to appear in the Lib Tab.

If, perchance, the lib is not loading properly, the fault is sometimes that the .xml file that is created has an SNPID# of <000>, instead of what is written in the .nicnt.
    And .nki has nothing to do with this.
    So the OP is on Windows, using a non-legit version of Kontakt.
    So @Windows95, nothing you said is of any use, and doesn't actually make any sense anyway.
    Good luck using legit Kontakt 5 with a cracked portable version of 6!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
  5. TaxiDriver

TaxiDriver Platinum Record

@Windows95 - nonsense! (Edit: as @Smoove Grooves already noted while I was typing..;))
    There is no (simple) way. It is not a "library" that could be added to the library tab.

*.nki - Kontakt instrument

also from the developer:

[​IMG]

To use the Manage libraries > ADD, you are looking for *.nicnt - NI content (or in some rare cases *.nkr+*.nkx+*.nkc combo..) and as you can see from developers statement, they are not providing it.

You can make your own "library" with special tool(s), but that is another topic.-

6. bobdule

bobdule Rock Star

use the self made option of kontakt portable library manager.
    select it and press set to add a wallpaper if needed.

or place one manually in the library folder.

7. chumbo

chumbo Ultrasonic

Thanks for the responses!
    TaxiDriver...that makes a lot more sense now! So I was instinctively doing it the 'right' way then :wink:

bobdule...as I pointed out, I'm a newbie so I'm afraid I'll ask you to spell it out for me. I
    was able to get the first step, using the 'Set' function but I can't figure out how to add a wallpaper? And is there a good source for third party wallpapers somewhere?

8. doctorG

doctorG Kapellmeister

You add a "wallpaper" to the folder where your library is installed (ie Cdrive D drive etc)

A wallpaper is a picture ....it has to be named wallpaper.png(saved image as a .png)

You can make your own in any photo editor like photoshop (u can find the dimensions on Google)

Or the Forum here has a whole wallpaper thread....or search Google

And Last for a Sound Program to be a libray it must contain
    .nki
    nicnt
    wallpaper

9. Windows95

Windows95 Member

It did make sense for me, since I have the free official Kontakt 6 Player and couldn't add a 3rd party library since I didn't have a serial. If you know another way and care to share, please do. On Win10 btw.

10. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

Use the QuickLoad feature. In Kontakt right-click on the field on the right side of the app's window. It will show this feature, there you can organize the nki patches of your libraries.

11. bobdule

bobdule Rock Star

MAD Drums nicnt

edited with graphics inside. place it in the library folder and add to kontakt.

12. Misterguywick

Misterguywick Producer

use kontakt portable. the add library function on that one is faultless

13. urOk

urOk Member

Edit: NVM... I just read TaxiDriver post. In that case you'll need do this ---->

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
  14. chumbo

chumbo Ultrasonic

AWESOME!! So many people to thank so a big thanks to everyone that kindly posted in this thread. Incredibly helpful community here! :like:
    (expect to see me posting a few more as I'm just learning Kontakt so I might need a little help from time to time :) )

15. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

There are plenty of useful threads that you could read to understand more about the methods. So you wouldn't need to rely on the response here.
    It's so disruptive that every day one or more new threads are initiated with topics that have already been broadly discussed several times.
    Forum is not meant to be as a personal support chat. These discussions are public for a good reason.

16. chumbo

chumbo Ultrasonic

jazzzz....I'm well aware of what forums are for and rest assured that I NEVER post anything before searching for the answer myself on this forum and elsewhere.

17. Logic Pro X 10.15 user

Logic Pro X 10.15 user Newbie

18. Logic Pro X 10.15 user

So MOJO 2 only works with Kontakt 5.8 over, and my kontakts are either 5.66 or 6.3 . THerefore I can't add the library to the library section. Is there any way I could use Native Acess to recognise my library? Are there any other ways?

19. doctorG

doctorG Kapellmeister

HUH?? U hav 6.3 and it Mojo werks with 5.8 or newer... 6.3 IZ Newer than 5.8 don't ya thnk?

20. Logic Pro X 10.15 user

Doesn't mean I can add it as a library tho

21. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

Yes, you can. Adding library doesn't depend on the minimum version requirement to load the patches.
    On mac you need Kontakt 5.6.0 (in some cases 5.6.5/5.6.6) to add the library.
    On windows you either use Portable version or any version above the minimum requirement version.