How to add 3rd party groove database in Superior Drummer 3 at once?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Wolfang, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Wolfang

Wolfang Producer

I just found the 3rd party grooves were not added. Once I click Add to Database, it update MIDI database and it takes 1-2 mins. Pretty annoying as I have hundreds of them. Which means I should spend around 100-200 mins to add all of them.
    Is there other ways to add them at once? Plus, can I stop SD3 updates MIDI database every time I open it and add midi into User MIDI?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  3. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I don't know if it'll work but you could try to add them manually to the midi folder and let that auto-update database rebuild only once on the next run.

The midi folder should be something like this (be aware ProgramData is a hidden folder, by defualt you don't see it from the file explorer):
    C:\ProgramData\Toontrack\Superior Drummer 3\Midi

The amount of midi files is insane. I had to slim it down manually. But this means the trick should work the opposite way (I use a no install version but this should work the same).

4. Wolfang

Wolfang Producer

I found C:\ProgramData\Toontrack\Superior Drummer 3 folder, but there was no Midi folder. I put it into EZX folder of Toontrack Symlink version by R2R. Should I move them?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  5. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Don't move the folder. Just use the midi folder you found, be it an EZDrummer or SD folder.
    Copy the expansion midi folders there

6. Wolfang

Wolfang Producer

Unfortunately, it doesn't work...

7. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

It does. Put them in EZDrummer/Midi/MY MIDIFILES/MIDI.
    Then they will be there the next time you open up SD and it has indexed them.
    You may have to create a folder or two. And this is how it is on macOS, not Windows, but it will be similar I think.
    Or if not, try Superior Drummer 3/Midi/My MIDIFILES/MIDI.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  8. Smoove Grooves

Don't do that!

9. Wolfang

Wolfang Producer

Thanks, but unfortunately, I'm on Windows 10. I'll give it a shot if it works.

10. Wolfang

Wolfang Producer

I didn't do that. They were there from the beginning.

11. Wolfang

Wolfang Producer

Ok, I tried the second one, but failed. About the first method, could you give me the details of the location? Which EZDrummer folder? There are several of them.

12. Smoove Grooves

Yeah I know what the EZX 'folders' are, but don't put the MIDI files in any of those folders, as you said you did.
    Create the folders as I wrote them, and see.
    You'll notice that the first <Midi> folder will be sitting along with those EZX folders. Not in them.

13. Wolfang

Wolfang Producer

It's been a looooooong while. Since I recently updated SD3, I began to challenge it again as Toontrack changed to set the library path. I found the extra midi folders/files were in Toontrack Drums\C\Program Files\Toontrack\EZX\Midi\
    So, I put them in the EZX\Midi\My Midifiles\Midi and found SD3 don't recognize them at all. Thus, I put them in just Midi folder and the grooves showed up. HOWEVER, they are not activated. Most extra midi files are turned orange color and I have to add to database in SD3 manually one by one. It takes 1-2 mins as I mentioned in OP.
    Now, the extra midi files are located in EXZ folder and SD3\Midi folder as well. There is no problem with EZdrummer. All midi files are activated, but only SD3 still has this issue.

SD3_Groove issue 2.JPG SD3_Grooves issue.JPG

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021