How to adapt FL snipping Tool in Ableton

Discussion in 'PC' started by freeldr77, Sep 17, 2012.

1. freeldr77

freeldr77 Newbie

I saw this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=cJYJ8Ai6VQc#t=1488s

How can I do this with Ableton?
    If I use Abletons arrangement view and layer samples there, one sample will be cutted by the other.

Is there any way to do this comfortable in Ableton or is this "slip tool" a special feature only practicable in FL?

3. A.Kurbel

A.Kurbel Newbie

dont know what you exactly mean but i try to explain how you can slip through the sample in the arrangement view.
    so when you drag a long sample into the session view you can adjust the timing with warp markers. then use the loop function in the left bottom row. now you can use a loop with the brackets. if you drag the sample into the arrangement view only the loop shows up. when you switch the loop to a different place another section of the song will play back or is shown. so with the loop you can slip through the sample like the slip tool in FL studio.
    hopefull this is the thing you are trying to achieve :)

4. freeldr77

freeldr77 Newbie

I think this will make it, thanks. Not such comfortable like in FL but it will do. :)