How the hell do I make these sounds?

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by Richard Phelps, Jun 5, 2021.

1. joem

joem Producer

anyway this is all old news thease days its all about the colour bass

2. dondada

dondada Rock Star

i mean thats the easiest of all
    or better less complicated its all about recording and technique

3. Kingvrage

Kingvrage Kapellmeister

None of these preset or sample packs are going to help much if you're not going to sit down and open 30 instances of (vst) and bounce midi to audio and slice and edit to hell and back. That's the big secret.

4. clone

clone Audiosexual

if you need 30 plugin instances to make a dubstep growl you own the wrong plugins. the problem with that approach, compared to what the OP is asking really shouldn't end up with the same thing.

the one posted from this producer sounds almost like the one in bangarang, to me. but I don't listen to Skrillex. with all of the different modulation and sweeping motion, etc; somehow he has them still stay very clean sounding. if you do a bunch of repeated fx processing over and over, or resampling in a machine like that; it's going to degrade, which is great if that is what you want.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
  5. Richard Phelps

Richard Phelps Member

This seems the most likely approach while looking into Skrillex´s equipboard.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
  6. Richard Phelps

Richard Phelps Member

I know this is in contrast to my original post, i was really just trying to paint a picture of my struggle, but VR´s presets provide a completely different sound to what I want. The basses that the producers were utilizing in the tracks I shared were obvious emulations of Skrillex´s old stuff, which were made before Serum even released in 2014.

7. clone

clone Audiosexual

maybe he just could not come to the correct financial endorsement arrangement with Access. :unsure:

8. joem

joem Producer

iof you want another way take any vocal sample timestrech it and play around with the kiloheartz plugins automate the frequency shifter the pitch shifter and the ring modulator and possibly the resonace plugins. I did a stream the other day on twitch where i literally made a dubstep track with growls using a woman quiffing. Also made growl basses out of Michal jackson grunts to

9. GabsIT

GabsIT Producer

Try adding your own wave tables in serum based on exagerated voices just like the cup girl, oh my gosh.

the key are the formants of human voice, technically are the difference of harmonic resonance produced by changing the acustic of the buccal cavity, this is very different and much powerful than any instrumen as just producing 1 tone it can be modulated in infinite ways, the modulation happen in the harmonics, human voice usually have more than 20 harmonics playing at the same time, this is why its recomended to use saw waves.

the formants are visible lines in the harmonic spectrum, and are studied in speech recognition, just using 3 formants is enough to recognice vowels.

see this demo, press play
    http://mohayonao.github.io/timbre.js/khoomii.html

also to make more sense you could see something like this, so you need to find a vst that let you play with specific harmonics segments, changing the velocity with LFOs and well the rest is quite easy or well known

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021