How reliable is Tor browser?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by dr.evil, Mar 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dr.evil

dr.evil Kapellmeister

When it comes to complete web anonymity.
    I am about to contact some govt. people and i just don't want them to trace me anyhow!
    Also are there any free disposable e-mail services to your knowledge?

Cheers

3. Adrianus Antonius

Adrianus Antonius Producer

Are you about to contact some govt., or are you downloading degenerated shit for which you can get up to 30 or even more years?
    Ever heard about freedom of speech? Contact government through your phone....
    Snowden wasn't about freedom of speech, he was a f***ing traitor... So I'm sure you can contact government through your phone... don't give this nonsense excuses for shit you download... everyone knows for what kind of shit tor is primarily used... and it isn't for contacting government with your citizen's concerns...

Cheers...

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. plowhorse

plowhorse Ultrasonic

Well. That escalated quickly.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. lerkjurk

lerkjurk Platinum Record

add audiosex and Z to your list of shit primarily used for, because that how i visit, especially after i upload some content, tor browser ftw.

rest of your post pretty funny, i also really like the venom you spit and top off with Cheers.

i would not drink what you give cheers with, Jim Jones fruit punch for all i know

@dr.evil

you can try these dispostable.com 20minutemail.com mytrashmail.com

i say try because some get blacklisted try next one if one does not work

6. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

You done Trolling with your rant. Answer the question or don't answer at all. Who are you to Judge?

Ontopic:
    Op this may assist for what your looking for
    http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/best-sites-for-creating-a-disposable-email-address/

7. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

is www.mailinator.com what you're looking for (read-only disposable email)? Else, just make another hotmail or gmail

8. stevitch

stevitch Audiosexual

Best to use Tor through a VPN, while you're at it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. foster911

foster911 Guest

I have not worked with TOR browser but Hotspot Shield (elite version) is the best one I have found. It allows you to select from below countries and its speed is so high. Once you install its elite version it will work 3 or 4 years without asking for re-activation and also automatically getting updated. For every country you'll have different IP addresses of course. You do not need to configure every software in your PC for using it. Just hit the connect button and after 10 seconds you're in a different place around the world.

And for its security, lets listen to what OP say.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2016
  10. RMorgan

RMorgan Audiosexual

If we're talking about serious stuff, use portable TOR, on a public computer, far from where you live or work...Don't use the same computer, on the same place, on the same region twice.

The same goes for creating a burner email account. Use TOR, do it somewhere else on a public computer...Any email service will do.

Please, please, please, don't use your computer or your network whenever preserving your identify is really a concern, even if you use VPN, TOR, whatever.

Anyway, check out Tails: https://tails.boum.org

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. dr.evil

dr.evil Kapellmeister

Thanks guys, quite informative.
    I'll just use portable tor from another network.
    I don't need to be anonymous permanently, but just for a mail correspondence or two.
    As for email ID, i'll look up the names mentioned here.
    So that should cover me well i guess.. :wink:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  12. wouala woualouf

wouala woualouf Platinum Record

Looking for some anonymity?

By using the (key)words 'thor', 'govt.', 'trace' in the same sentence, the NSA/FBI Web filters have already selected your IP address, for further analysis.
    If you want a better ranking, just add 'bomb', 'allah' or 'no pubic hair', and you won't need to contact them anymore: they will do it for you.

of course, I'm kidding. But it's just to remind us how each word we type, on the Internet, mails, messages, forums, etc, EVERYTHING is checked, controlled, analysed, stored...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  13. Adrianus Antonius

Dumb females analogy... if you call her a whore you must hate women.... tell me, was that father, who beat a molester to death, a paedophile too? Beating up a paedophile to death was a freudian slip, wasn't it? He deeply hated himself, that's why he did it, he converted his disgust about himself into anger towards others like him, right?....
    Have anymore analogies like that?
    How I would know that shit? Tor and that shit is constantly mentioned in gazillion of articles on normal internet sites...

Now tell us why would you contact government with a fake IP and fake email address? Why would they read fake emails and what could you possible have to say to them to be so afraid of being identified?
    Will you threaten them to expose the truth about fake moon landings and 9/11 being inside job if they won't transfer money to your account? fake account of course....
    Will you snitch on your neighbor having an illegal shed in his backyard?
    Or will you tell them "f*** you" and run away?
    What an anonymous person can possible have to say to a government while being afraid to be identified? What secrets do you have, besides downloading cracked plugins, what can you talk to them? musician.... it's like that thread "VPN for musicians"... musicians? Are you a CIA wannabe mole? have you come across while strolling in a park some secret intelligence?

That's why I came to conclusion that your intent is other than contacting government... given your fear of being identified and knowing the penalties for downloading sick shit.... and Tor's notoriety.

Someone said they download plugins through Tor.... your ISP knows every single file you downloaded.... the file hits your computer, through their service at the end of the day, not someone's else... Tor doesn't provide you internet service...

Snowdan is a traitor, tell me why he is not in USA? Why a USA citizen would be afraid to go home? Maybe because he's a national traitor... what he told was all for personal gain... he did not help anyone... a single person on earth has no use for his information... ordinary person, that's why he's a traitor, because while his information has no impact on peasants, it does have impact on national security.... which makes him a text book traitor, who should get a bullet in his head.

14. Rhodes

Rhodes Audiosexual

I`d say, there is no way to maintain Your privacy.
    If they want to trace You, they can do it; even if you use a public computer... with all the surveillance and all the cams around us, I think there is no way to hide.

at the end, You are using "their" infrastructure, so, unless You are a super skilled hacker that knows all the ins and outs, I believe, You have no chance hiding.

- So, if You are not ready to face the consequences of Your actions, just don`t do it.

ps.
    this is just my opinion, not a fact :bow:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  15. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

a little contra-intuitive, to ask this without privacy protection,
    this exact topic could always be traced back to u confirming you have at least something to hide.
    or interest in something illegal or prohibited

truthfully, if it is not off national 'proportions' but like, witnesses from a crime or something
    I would use a linux distro like tails on a personal laptop and log in on a open wifi hotspot.

only use the distro for that intent (don't login on personal mail, google, visit favorite sites for fun)
    make sure u set all the security options ( mac spoofing Etc.)

and destroy the sd card u used afterwards.
    ( sd cards leave remarkably more traces than you think, after fully rewriting and formatting 3-4 times simple software can retrieve filenames and usage/modification history)

16. Adrianus Antonius

"can retrieve file names".... what's in those file names? "Compressor.R2R.ProperRepack" or something else?.... interesting musicians and their fear of being caught with a cracked R2R plugin, I assume.... because what else there is to assume there? Aha.... freudian slips I guess... once FBI is busting your doors, they all will be having a Freudian slip too... I guess.... they will just hate you for not being able to do what you do on your computer....
    Talk about freudian slip in federal prison.... it's a tough life for that kind of guys... everyone is just freudian slipping around and secretly crave to be them... and yet they are the ones to do the time and blamed for Government's freudian slip, because it created a law, as a result of hate on itself...

Linux just to browse internet... man.... talk about fear of being caught.... I guess bbcnews or daily mirror are really dangerous sites to browse these days....
    FBI is allover R2R plugins, yet we have members with real names coming here boasting how many artists they produced and ask how to install cracked waves bundle via a f***ing webcam, or to access their computer and install it for them :rofl:, I definitely gonna get Tor, fake email and Linux for that, because apparently FBI is not sleeping.... I just don't know from where I will get internet yet, but I'll figure it out.

In other words I can't help myself but to see who some of you are.... it's so obvious... there is no other logical explanation to try so hard to be of the radar... the extent is too big, unless huge prison sentences are connected with their activity. If it were for cracked plugins, who would install linux just to download them? Wouldn't it be easier just to buy it? Why would one waste his time like that? It just doesn't sound logical at all... what could other explanation be? Aha.... freudian slip....
    During interrogation all detectives are full of s***, so they just freudian slip on you, try to blame you for all the wrong deeds they've done in their life....

17. Adamdog

Adamdog Platinum Record

from Wikipedia:

since 2006 "the majority of funding sources came from the U.S. government."

but still you can be traced, if they re good

18. jhagen

jhagen Platinum Record

red alarm: there is a troll here

My message to the troll: you are the best, you know everything, you are god... no ... you are even better then god...

it should work and let it go

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. lerkjurk

lerkjurk Platinum Record

i can not believe i forget this one :suicide: it is good one

now that i am at pc i look at my favorites to remind me and i forget to post my favorite of them all www.guerrillamail.com

20. Adrianus Antonius

Sure, how else I could resist prepubescent or barely teen girls and boys.... either I'm a god, or there is something wrong with me... like only being attracted to adult females.... and that can't be right, can it?
    Any examples in nature where adult males would be attracted to cubs?
    Any real reason for linux, tor and sitting in public wifi hotspot location with your hood on? while your main OS is Windows or OSX, I guess you're contacting "some" government with your fake email... knowing that guys who showed up here can't even crack "registration not successful" type of programs, so hacking is out of the question here... so with a very same god's help hopefully you will end up where you belong... forever in protective custody being afraid of getting raped or beaten to death by fellow inmates.
    Unbelievable guys... unbelievable...though I've noticed this quite some time before that some of you apparently are into it, there's no doubt in my mind, the things you know and do to your computer to protect yourself from god knows what, is just too much to be not guilty of some serious shit... and given your apparent no knowledge about cracking, it's not about hacking, cracking and no one would go to such an extent to download a cracked plugin... so do the math...
    He's contacting government with a fake email.... sure he has a lot of important things to say to them.... VPN for musicians... musicians doing a "research" like Pete Townshend... hopefully research will end up by being beaten to death or in prison.

21. lerkjurk

lerkjurk Platinum Record

seek medical help my friend

if you are worry of your friends family or employer to find your search results for these mental problems, use tor browser

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List