how many kontakt librarys

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by pjotr41, Sep 26, 2019.

1. pjotr41

pjotr41 Newbie

hello a question i have tried to add 270 librarys in kontakt portable 6.02, over the library manager, but he only found 76 dont understand why

i see there are 3 ways to add it
    -add encoded libs
    -add undetected ras1 libs
    -add selmade

is there a easy way to add them all , or how can i find out what library is ecoded , what undetected and what self made to add them seperate?

thx

3. Rainy Keys

Rainy Keys Kapellmeister

I know I'm going to get all kind of hate for saying this but I have one Kontakt library. IMO I repeat IMO Kontakt libraries being so big and the quality of their sounds not being great, is not worth downloading. I refuse to download 10 gigs for about 10 good sounds and 200 crappy sounds. Zebra2 is a 1000 times better and 100 times smaller.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  4. kingchubby

kingchubby Rock Star

I add mine with Kontakt version 5.6.6, close and they appear in my Kontakt 6.1.1 no issues.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

I´ll keep from being "funny" on you regards @Rainy Keys but compare Zebra2 (which I like a lot) with Kontakt makes very little sense.

I respect the fact many Kontakt libs are huge and I respect the fact many of them are complete shite, but......

How will you compose a full orchestra with nearly endless articulations with Zebra2?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Platinum Record

no hates but Kontakt is not a synth duh!!
    Do you think everyone here uses synths for every sound they want?
    If i want some violins or cello or basson or maybe trumpet i would NOT choose zebra
    open your mind and also your ear

7. 23322332

23322332 Rock Star

You need a Zebra instance for each articulation. Programming them is another question. There are probably few that good synthesists in the world, but it is theoretically possible.
    One guy in the U-he forum sells decent orchestral library for it.
    There is even a decent Serum library by KSHMR and 7Skies. Of course, the sounds are not comparable to real orchestral library, but if you tweak them (probably) they can be better (in the right context) than some Kontakt etc stuff (which is always rigid and sounds plastic, if you are after stuff with pitchbends and virtuoso playing, this will never be realistic with samples ); actually, there is some good modelled stuff in Reaktor user library.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  8. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Hi @23322332 ..... any chance you could point me to the the dude who makes these decent orchestral library for Zebra2?

9. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

No hate, but you are OT here. And you can't compare Zebra to a Sampler.
    These kind of extreme points doesn't help to build credibility.
    These synth uses are interesting, but way too complex. If you want realistic orchestral sound you still need sample-based stuff.
    There's even a Kontakt lib (at least) of orchestral-like synth sounds. Don't remember if real samples processed or straight synth. Don't remember which the name either.

10. Rainy Keys

Rainy Keys Kapellmeister

If I had to compose a full orchestra I would use Nexus 2. They have great orchestral sounds. I agree zebra's orchestra sounds aren't that great. Size and quality of sound matter to me unlike most obviously

11. Rainy Keys

Rainy Keys Kapellmeister

Look man I was just stating my opinion. Everyone has their preference

12. Rainy Keys

Rainy Keys Kapellmeister

How about this? Let's make some orchestra [email protected] use your 100 gigs out kontakt sounds and I'll use my 2 gigs of sounds and lets see which one sounds more realistic?:)

We'll post on a forum and let the community be the judge

13. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Infact I have nexus2 myself @Rainy Keys ... one thing I`ll never do is trying make any "great orchestral sounds" with it - period!

So the zebra2 orchestral stuff wasn´t that great at all!

14. Lieglein

Lieglein Audiosexual

I want to hear how an composed orchestra sounds like. :hahaha:

With Nexus 2 of course.

15. Rainy Keys

Rainy Keys Kapellmeister

Lol maybe i have bad ears those strings on nexus sound great

16. Rainy Keys

Rainy Keys Kapellmeister

Lol if nexus sounds bad to you then i need to hear what you're using.

17. Rainy Keys

Rainy Keys Kapellmeister

lol I admitted zebra doesnt have great strings. the strings on nexus sound great. idk maybe we just like a different sound.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  18. hani king

hani king Platinum Record

sorry for my ''English'' guys ,
    if you cant give good answer to OP thread then no need make another plugin vs plugin discussion
    i have and use 900 plugins and they are all useful ,with that being said , the replies here so far dont mean anything to OP
    NOW
    @pjotr41 ..i understand what you are saying, the complicated thing with the kontakt libraries and those unidentified libraries
    ,these are 3rd party libraries that kontakt cant be added to the library section but can be opened at quickload
    im also using the portable version i do have around 190 libraries (best of ) but not all of them are ID-ed by kontakt
    its just the way how official libraries from kontakt are sorted here
    im afraid theres no easy way to add them ,however if you need a certain library to show up
    at the library you can make your own NICT/wallpaper..theres a mini-nictgen (it will create kontakt format so the portable can
    add it successfully ,also you can check if fantastic users here who posted kontakt wallpapers for the most known libraries which you might have/dont have
    once created the nict for certain library and the wallpaper ,open daw/kontakt/lib manager and add that library
    (i usually let the lib manager remove everything and re-add them again then click on save lib and exit
    and of course you have to close kontakt portable and re-open again after that/and after library addition

and since you are using the portable ,heres best way to work with all libraries
    first go to your kontakt libraries and create shortcut to every library you have
    then open Kontakt6 Portable\UserData\Kontakt\QuickLoad\Instr
    now add all the shortcuts here inside instr folder
    once you done that open daw/kontakt portable /give it a good minute and then click on quickload and lib manager
    to see your new added libraries/and those can be opened at quickload instruments

if there a better way than what ive explained please reply ,lets make this usuful thread away from ''plugin bragging''

good luck to all

19. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

In my opinion there are tons of great sounds for Kontakt. For me it is just that the playing of the instruments does not always seem as easy.
    Some are set up easy ... others seem harder to get the sound right, depending on the instrument.
    A synthetic sound sounds "real" any way you do it. Acoustic instruments are harder for me to make work, even if the samples are "perfect".
    Some of the solo and chamber instruments sound SO nice in Kontakt (not that I can get them in the mix right, but that's another story).
    I never heard a synth as real as the way they are set up in Kontakt (probably other samplers, too).
    For more non-acoustic instruments (electronic keys, organs, atmospheres,etc,etc) i never saw as much point in using Kontakt because I can't hear the difference and the interface of some synths for me leads to creativity. Some instruments in Kontakt have "creative" controls too, but often are proprietary and more mysterious to me than what a synth control is doing.

20. Anthony Baruch

Anthony Baruch Noisemaker

well look what we got here.. a Kontakt Virgin! The way I gauge the quality of plugins especially Kontact is spend those 5 minutes watching the video showing what sounds are capable from that specific company.. I personally am a huge fan of Omnisphere when it comes to finding that sound I'm looking for... but when it comes to Orchestral or Choirs, nobody comes even close then to what some companies that specifically utilize Kontakt are doing.. another huge plus for many is the NKS compatibility.. there are also some great programs if your looking for some great guitar sounds/drums kits..I just get the feeling that one of your points is saying that its less of a hassle even trying to delve into the Kontakt world, so why open those box of worms.. well I'll tell you why because there's so much variety, you will most definitely find something that will actually make your creative process alot smoother with more options.. Plus external hard drives are cheap as hell now..

21. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

its comparing apples and oranges. a lot of hip hop and many many many other genres would not exist without sample manipulation and resulting artifacts and beating up shit in a way nothing else can like a sampler. Zebra and other synths are cool and I love them.

But when I go to hammer a nail, i don't reach for my phillips head screwdriver.