How Many Kontakt Libraries Do You Have?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by NYCGRIFF, Jan 29, 2016.

?

How Many Kontakt Libraries Do You Have?

1. 0-50

44 vote(s)
    50.6%
  2. 50-100

6 vote(s)
    6.9%
  3. 100-150

6 vote(s)
    6.9%
  4. 150-Or More

31 vote(s)
    35.6%
  1. e-minor

e-minor Platinum Record

As for the topic, I wouldn't want more than 50 kontakt libraries. The rest of the 150 would never get touched. And i wouldn't want to sit there searching forever thinking, "mannn i know i got the perfect sound for this in ONE of these libraries" lol. Good luck with that.

2. DieM

DieM Rock Star

Too many to count! I wouldn't throw any away though. I am constantly seeing more everyday and only update or replace any that I think worthwhile to do so.
    I don't have many Synths as I reckon that my Vsti's are good enough.
    My Kontakt libraries mainly consist of real sampled instruments like guitars, orchestral, piano etc....

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
  3. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Doesn't matter how many, it's what you do with 'em.

4. Strangelove

Strangelove Member

Allllllll of them...

...but seriously, only been keeping what I use, so around 20 or so

5. LuckySevens

LuckySevens Platinum Record

My last cleaning left me with 377. I was over 400 at one point. Absolutely ridiculous. But most of those were libraries from the days of Kontakt 2, Kontakt 3 and Kontakt 4. A lot of the Kontakt 4 libraries are still good a few of the K3 too... but the rest had to go! I purchased most of the libraries long before I ever discovered AZ. I use most everyone too... in my tv and film music production company.

You know (how it was) too... when you would hear these amazing demos and think "I gotta have it, that is awesome!". Then you spend a ton of money to find out the library is mostly filled with shitty sounds that were SO dressed up with production techniques that you could never justify the money spent!! WAY before warez came about.

Now... I can honestly "test-drive" a library before I commit to spending my hard-earned money on some of the shit that is duplicated by these "developers". We all know who the legit ones are... that deserve our support, but there are some unscrupulous shysters peddling some tainted shit and I'm done with doling out the cash anymore...

6. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

Does it really matter how many are "stolen" (they're not in fact) and how many are legit? It's question of perception of personal morality, in such field, there's no wrong or right, only what one accepts as wrong and as right. One should not feel ashamed of "wrongdoings" as accepted by society, and rather focus on his/her inner conscience. Questions such as this adds another level of elitism to those wealthy, yea look at me I bought all my libraries you filthy pirates! Also to those preaching poverty living in wealth, professionals using cracked software, when they have resources to buy it, without any significant losses.
    But ultimately, isn't it all about the music, e.g. the end product? This question goes both ways, there are library hoarders on both ends of the spectrum, legit or "stolen". Therefore, I don't have problem with the OP's question.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. LuckySevens

LuckySevens Platinum Record

Amen brother...

...and there's nothing to fear from the library "collectors". They usually can't produce music in any viable form... they spend so much time watching and waiting to nab the next release that they get nowhere. They're just addicted to hoarding Kontakt libraries and they're usually self-loathing individuals with nasty dispositions, especially toward other hoarders!! :dunno:

I compose 1 to 3 tracks a day (4-5 days a week). That has been my self-imposed pace since 2007. I have thousands of tracks registered with my P.R.O. and earn substantial income from licensed music now because of my commitment to composing.

So like One Reason said, "Doesn't matter how many, it's what you do with 'em."...:guru:

P.S: I also only require 3 hours of sleep anymore because I learned to attain the 20 minutes of level 5 - R.E.M. that most people need 8 hours of sleep to achieve. That's my secret... oh and I'm now a certified Ninja.:bow: :rofl:

Andrew: Posts merged

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2016
  8. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

Well said, Andrew. As I said, the question was constructed not to illicit a yardstick to measure "morality", (stolen vs. legit) but to get a mathematical sense of Kontakt's libraries popularity among the members of this forum. I had no idea that the question would evolve into a "good" vs. "evil" debate (metaphorically speaking). "Still', an interesting diversity of comments.

9. ddoctor

ddoctor Kapellmeister

Deeply honored to have 2 likes to my name in this 'all about likes count' world! I would only like to see what would that smart rabbit dingus say of my achievements!

10. ddoctor

ddoctor Kapellmeister

Yes, but 'mathematical sense' could only be a mirror of the speed of one's internet connection and if he has uploaded premium; because no one would buy 200 libraries and never use them. But also if someone says 'I've used most of them' I am afraid he means he'd loaded up 20GB strings library just to add two staccato notes in the middle of his, guessing, hmm, hip hop production? This is where that Italian economist's law of 80:20 applies; but in the case of kontakt libraries, especially if you count samples within libraries themselves, it would more likely be 95:5!

11. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

I'm sure that a lot of people have probably spent many months and years "collecting" libraries. Also, there are scores of Internet avenues to obtain these libs (Internet speed notwithstanding). So, over a relatively substantial period of time, it would not be that unusual for someone (even with slow Internet speed) to accumulate a significant amount of said libraries.

12. ddoctor

ddoctor Kapellmeister

Are you sleeping, man? What time is it - are you having some new flooding or something? Btw, I don't understand what you have said or what the point was...

13. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

Are you kidding? Read your own post. You're the one who mentioned "premium accounts", "Italian economists", etc. What in the heck does that have to do with the subject content? Or, are you just trying to start a dog-ass argument? Let me know.

14. ddoctor

ddoctor Kapellmeister

I again don't understand what you mean... I am not trying anything; I am just a free man that does not box himself in topics; sorry if you feel I am trolling your post, but I am actually the only one who provided screenshots of 'my' libraries, and that actually took some time to edit. Let me know.

15. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

Okay Doc: Not a problem. Thanks for adding your voice to the chorus and taking the time to put together the screenshots. However, I can't seem to find your screenshots. Please point me to them.

Thanks.

16. ddoctor

ddoctor Kapellmeister

Since you cannot click on the link - here you go:
    [​IMG]

17. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

Say Doc: Nice and compact. I have four of the libraries shown in the screenshot (I especially like and use the, "Ethno World 5" packages). I've already pared down my own enormous library collection; as per my New Year's resolution.

18. westfinch

westfinch Platinum Record

19. Sonny Crockett

Sonny Crockett Kapellmeister

I must have more than 200 for sure, not precisely 'own' but you get the drift and yeah probably I won't use all of them for sure, but it's always good to have them just in case. In any case if you don't use them and need the space you can delete them.

20. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

Say Sonny: I hear you loud and clear! "Space" is not a problem. "Usefulness" (at least for me) is how I will make my determinations moving forward...