How many ciggies do you smoke?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by flashback23, May 25, 2018.

1. MichaelPatterson

MichaelPatterson Kapellmeister

I started at 20 and smoked for 15 years; I'm proud to say that I quit cold-turkey in April of 2013, so I've been smoke-free just over five years. I was only ever temped enough to have one in my hand one single time after I quit, but a good friend talked me out of it, and I'm really glad he did. I have lots of vices I give in to, but I'm proud to say that since going cold-turkey, I've never given in to smoking even once.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  2. mono

mono Audiosexual

Hi i went onto these [​IMG]
    and they seem to do the job for now :wink: only thing is ive put on about 10 pounds
    but have started going on longer walks.

Have seen lots of people try the vaping and patches and they all went back smoking after a short while,
    its my first time giveing them up and i think you just have to make up your mind
    that you want to quit.I have a half pack of smokes not more than 1 foot away and there, there
    if i realy want one and can give in anytime, i think knowing that helps as well.
    Brakeing the habbit is hard not because of the nicotine its the habbit of smoking itself
    that get ya lol i changed it to werthers-original
    only wish i could find the sugar free ones here,

One thing i read was
    if you think its hard giving up smoking try living with cancer
    that sort of woke me up as well.:shalom:

• Like Like x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. krakdhaus

krakdhaus Kapellmeister

a little under 2 paks a day...
    Schmok'n.jpg

4. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro Staff Member

4ever
    I just can't take the smell that sticks on everything.
    And deteriorated vocal register, timbre and lung capacity. All that for non-existent benefit IMHO...

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. Matt777

Matt777 Rock Star

I smoked up to 50/day.. When I was ~30, I started worrying - the first negative signs appeared. And you know, it can't go any better. When you are upset, what do you do? Another cig! Then I was hospitalized (for x reason), 3 weeks. Still remember I woke up in the middle of the night, searching for a lighter to light up my oxygen sensor (well, it was brown-ish..), lol

Long story short, after 3 weeks without nicotine, I decided to quit forever (alco inc., wasn't addicted to that, though..) I had enough knowledge in the field that one cig alone will bring you back, right where you were - that's the golden rule. So ~10 years without..

If you find any reason to quit (with nicotine it's best to go cold turkey), DO IT! and never look back! Nicotine is a drug(!) no matter what your gvt tells you - that's just bureaucracy (and taxes). A super-addictive one (although by it self, harmless). In fact, in the form it is consumed, I can't think of any other, that kills so many ppl..

Edit for the record: I'm against any type of prohibition. It never worked, and it never will! It just make any simple chem substance, plant, whatever.. very expensive and therefore interesting for the bad guys (corporations inc.) to push the stuff to kids.. ):

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  6. Thankful

Thankful Rock Star

I used to smoke around 30 cigarettes a day. I quit smoking analog ciggies (yes they really do call the old-fashioned ciggies that) in 2010 and went straight onto vaping .. our first kid was on the way at the time and I couldn't stand the thought of rooms full of smoke and forcing the kids to breath all that crap in. I'm not a cloud-chasing vaper, I vape just like a cicarette smoker. All I did was a calm switch to an e-cig, and I have used the same Tobacco flavoured e-liquid since then (Totally Wicked Titan Blended Virginia with Nicotine, lovely and very close to a cigarette). The blown-out vapour disappears really quickly and doesn't hang in the room like smoke does. At first it wasn't as good as the Tobacco leaf ciggies, but I got the same throat hit and quickly got used to it. I gradually upgraded to much more powerful e-cigs, and now I get a much better throat hit than the cigarette, I'm vaping for hours at a time with maybe up to 5 minutes between puffs, my clothes don't stink (oh, when you stop you can smell the stink on other smokers, and it's not good, even in their hair, clothes, and it's not nice! If you smoke cigarettes, you STINK! You just dont realise it). My smoking (vaping) habit is much more enjoyable now with e-cigs, and I'm spending less than half of what I used to spend on cigarettes. You can vape anywhere - a quick puff and it's back in the pocket. And they haven't set off any smoke alarms, even blowing vapour right into one. I vape in studios, the malls, restaurants, at work when there's no one around. Come on, why are you still smoking those horrible cigarettes? One tip for smokers: when you brush your teeth, also remember to brush your TONGUE.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. flashback23

flashback23 Ultrasonic

Naaaa, it's more like a deodorant with a light tobacco smell i'd say...No, you're right...BTW i just lighted two ciggies, so much for only smoking one at a time, nasty nasty habit.

8. relexted

relexted Producer

15 ciggies and 5 sticks a day, keeps me healthy. :chilling:

9. jynx

jynx Platinum Record

said a non smoker

10. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

I drink, smoke, and take drugs as much as I feel like. I do try to not do too much... but it's all subjective.

Happy chap! :wink:

If I answered seriously, I'd say every smoke you don't smoke is a win for your health. Same with drugs, and with alcohol, too, especially strong.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Oh btw. a bit off-topic, I find that smoking maryjane makes me smoke *much less*. It is stress that makes me smoke more, and drinking, too. Just saying... It also makes me don't wanna drink anything but something nice and tasty, which is certainly not alcohol. Except really good wine or beer. Maryjane [as I like to call it] certainly has some medicinal properties, after all. :wink:

It bugs me that smoking tobacco actually has no purpose, other than being a mild sedative and a lung killer. I often wonder why I smoke... and it's been about 32 years of that now. Since I had a serious heart surgery 3 years ago, and I'm vegan [!], it's pretty much the cigarettes and sedentary life that made it happen. Now I've resolved the sedentary life part taking my dog out 3 times a day, and it's time to deal with the tobacco part.

About 18 years ago I noticed there is a big difference between smoking domestically grown tobacco and "normal" cigarettes. Those who experienced the [somewhat big] difference in how you feel will know what I'm talking about. So I'm smoking only homegrown tobacco since then, although it is much harder to find it. However, I still think the best cigarette to have is no cigarette. :wink:

Interesting fact: my wife's a smoker. She smokes about 3 ciggies per week... lol :) Well, she smokes more when we go out and drink. That's how I started smoking in my teens. But she sticks to this "rule". That's so great, and a bit unusual IMO. That's why I'm mentioning it. Smoking is a part of culture, in a way, and thankfully that part is going away. Or actually, it's gone already. Good. It's a nasty habit, when it's a habit. When you have a smoke occasionally for some reason, I don't think that's so bad...

Cheers!

Last edited: May 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  12. saltwater

saltwater Guest

before the introduction of smartphones and social media, cigarettes where the most addictive thing known to mankind, both way beyond Heroine.

Bill Hicks, we can't praise him enough!

13. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

i don't smoke at all anymore. I vape. and a fair amount. lowered nic down to ~1.5mg, been a few years, never felt better, have physicals all the time, and wow, smell has returned, all vitals better... i enjoy the tinkering and the rabbit hole of it, and make my own coils and whatnot... most successful smoking cessation product for me... and I tried everything else...

14. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

1 pack of marlboro red 100's every 4 days, but continuing to cut more and more.
    I want to quit completely in next 3 months.
    (smoker since 1995 (2 packs a day then)

• Like Like x 3
    • List
  15. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

Colorado man here... enough said lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

i quit smoking with Allen Carr method. Since 2009 i am clean. I smoked almost 35 cigarettes Gauloises Blondes RED per day. And i thought everyone in the world can quit smoking but not me. Now i say, if i can quit smoking everyone can. Try it. But there are two things you have to know after you quit. 1. Never fall into the trap of "One cigarette wont do any harm". If you then smoke that one cigarette you will start smoking again and it will be really hard to quit then. 2. Know that every time you smoke a cigarette your brain produces receptors for Nikotine. And if you quit smoking these receptors wither away and the desire for smoking get lesser and lesser and disappear.
    Keep that two things in mind. Allen Carr Method had a moneyback guarantee that time. If you relapse within a year they gave your money back. I dont know if it still exists. Just call them and ask.

EDIT: One thing i forgot to mention. You will gain weight after quitting, because the body does not spent approximately 300 kcal for cleansing itself from toxines anymore. So you have to do sports and must eat clean (avoid junkfood).

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  17. Kinghtsurfer

Kinghtsurfer Audiosexual

About 10 sticks a day... I managed to quit for a year about 8 years ago but then started all over again... Been smoking at this rate for 25 years now... Damn I wish I could stop... But I am addicted... :sad:

Its doubly difficult to quit now because my wife is a smoker as well...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  18. Kinghtsurfer

Kinghtsurfer Audiosexual

Thank you... I will look this up...

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  19. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

https://www.allencarr.com/usa/free-...ow-to-stop-smoking-using-allen-carrs-easyway/
    I am so grateful to hear about this method from Alphaone!
    I am setting my date for my birthday in July!