how makes slides in logic pro x?

Discussion in 'Logic' started by pamuma, Sep 25, 2015.

Tags:
  1. pamuma

pamuma Newbie

There is a feature that is in another DAW (Fruity Loops) that allows you to SLIDE your notes from one to the next within a single beat or longer. It's actually a feature called 'Slide'. Is there anything similar to this for Logic or does anyone know HOW to do this in Logic? I cannot figure it out at all.

You can see what i'm talking about in this YouTube vid ->

If anyone has figured out how to do it and can help explain it to me it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

3. audioooviking

audioooviking Newbie

Unfortunately, Logic does not have a slide/glide note. The closest thing is using is using portamento/glide within the synth.

I replicated the example from the video using ES 1 by putting the glide (left side of the ES 1 window) up a little over 50% and using the same notes as in the video. try different presets/sounds for different results :)

Another option is automating the pitch bend in the piano roll.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

What audioooviking said (especially portamento/glide).

5. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

This feature works only for FL's Stuff, it doesn't work for 3rd party stuff.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. stevitch

stevitch Audiosexual

Aside from the pitch wheel (and its automated equivalent) on a MIDI keyboard, the only way I know of (and have used) in Logic is to use a pitch-shifting plug-in (Logic's is pretty good, but there are better) and drawing the automation curve for the pitch-value accordingly. For example, with the pitch-value automation control selected/displayed draw under a note of the duration of the two "portamented" notes (say, C-to-E) a sloped or micro-stepped (whichever's possible with the pitch-shift plug-in you're using) curve beneath it. This can be done on recorded audio tracks, too, though if you're doing this to a note of more than a few half-steps, it's best to use a pitch plug-in which permits adjustment of the "formant," too, as sublte characteristics of recorded audio change with pitch-shifting.

7. e-minor

e-minor Platinum Record

Unfortunately, it's not in there bro...I do hip hop a lot and rnb, so for me too it was a must to have that feature. Keeping the maschine software around for something like this very handy. It does slides perfectly. As that's what I use (maschine studio). That is another option you may consider.