how make these drums sound

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by rezimoore, Aug 6, 2018.

1. rezimoore

rezimoore Newbie

Hello guyz
    i want to know how can i make a drums sound like the examples that i uploaded
    and would you recommend some VST or kontakt banks for electronic drums and what im looking for in this tracks ?

3. saltwater

saltwater Guest

this subtle effect can be achieved with pretty much any sound that has content arround the 500hz area.

this is just a Bandpass EQ with a very steep curve + reverb

something like this:

bp.png

or a low cut and high cut (which is essentially the same) (again steep curve, i choose 96 db/octave)
    this way you have more control, you could even emphasize that area with a bell to get some resonance.

lphpb.png

then add a send FX bus with a reverb (to preserve the clicky transient), for example Valhalla plate, and select a medium preset, MED-Vocal Steel should work.
    as always, you can choose anything you like.

4. relexted

relexted Producer

1.Pick a random snare or percussion sound.
    2.Use a low pass and a high pass to make the bandpass EQ, with a steep curve. Cut out the resonance peak with a bell curve around 500hz. And maybe boost a little in the upper regions.
    3.Setup a send with echo delay and put it on 1/8 note. Maybe roll off some highs.
    4.Ad a touch of plate reverb in another send.
    5.Both the reverb and the delay sends are volume automated in the examples.

That should be it.

5. hani king

hani king Platinum Record

welcome rezimoore

in those samples the drums are EQed and panned ,im sure the delay and reverb are applied
    here in fantastic way,sure you can do the same but why not be creative here and make something like
    try adding muted clicks with reverb or water drops effects
    add delay and reverb to give it depth, or try toms or other percussion loops with 1/4 delay or try 1/8 and eq it

groups like enigma ,delirium ,ERA ,deep forest ,and others similar build up their sounds
    using melodies with BIG fantastic drums and modified percussion loops
    and all of them use EQ and REVERB to Perfection

yes those 2 samples are okay but you better be more creative and expand your musical field on your DAW

good luck rezimoore

6. rezimoore

rezimoore Newbie

thank you all my friends <3
    \m/