How is Maschine Mikro Mk1 as Ableton 9 controller?

Discussion in 'Live' started by Bunford, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Is it any good if not really using the Maschine software? And does the Mk1 work ok with Ableton 9?

It would be used for general control and drum rack playing, along with a Launchpad S and an Impulse keyboard. Looking at it mainly for the velocity sensitivity whilst drumming and anything else it may add.

3. DowJones

DowJones Newbie

My honest opinion I have maschine mk1 I like it as a stand alone app but as a vst it can be a pain in the ass....if I where you I'd get a mpd 32 and buy the upgrade kit from mpcstuff.com the midi controller sucks on maschine...when you use it with the software it's great but when you switch it over to midi the pads become really hard to hit and keep a decent velocity....if I could do it all over again I'd buy a mpd..and upgrade it so it has nice pads

4. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

You've already asked this in your other post and I've answered that it won't work without doing some programming, by changing scripts and/or setting up MIDI mappings.
    So what do you expect? :dunno:

5. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

Dupe posts?? TSK TSK :dont:

6. tidus1990

tidus1990 Producer

for live the best controller is push. If you want the sweet maschine pads get maschine 2.0 make you patterns there, then drag the audio back into live 9 with the new drag n drop audio.

7. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Not the same question at all. My other thread was asking if the Mikro or Launchpad do a decent job at emulating the Push. This is asking whether the Mikro Mk1 works with Live and whether it is a decent all round controller for Live. Just thought I'd point it out.

8. audioplg

audioplg Ultrasonic

you will get better control of ableton with your novation impulse and the automap software.
    you can use machine as a generic midi controller but its just that unless you good at scripting.
    www.nativekontrol.com do MXT-Live that makes the machine mk2 a good controller for live but there is no support for other machines.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLUnzfEQQKCud3XlF0gngpyliDXAcn6km3&v=TrO3dKdaVd8&feature=player_embedded
    machine mk2 is around £400 so the sensible thing would be just get a push if that's what your trying to emulate.
    if your happy with the control from using your impulse keyboard and automap why not add a launch pad pro about £230 for the pads.
    that is velocity sensitive and has a note mode.
    plus stray of nativekontrol will probably support it with http://www.nativekontrol.com/LPC-Live_2.html

but at the end of the day if its push you want just save for it and get it rather than wasting money on other things trying for a cheap route.

9. suefreeman

suefreeman Producer

it depends what you want to control ....
    The drum Rack ??
    Or Ableton's clip, scene,start,stop,record, mute ,etc (this is called a Remote Control)

In both cases, it works fine,
    the thing is, what do you really need ? ... Do you already own one ?

Video Overview of what it does ( in this case maschine , but should be similar for Mikro )
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozjEwc0TgTg