How in the world can I get Kontakt working with my boxed Ocean Way legit hard drive? Thanks.

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by huckleberry finn, Oct 27, 2022.

1. huckleberry finn

huckleberry finn Member

Hi. Major ding-dong dumdum here. How in the world can I get Kontakt working? I have a legit kontakt, mac big sur, 2015 imac, and a purchased Ocean Way Platinum boxed set of drums/samples. The disk is from Ocean Way. For whatever reason, I can't get it happening. Even called the company and they have been sold and are defunct now. Email and everything. So I was kind of forced to figure out a workaround and I found some success a couple years ago by running one of the Kontakts available. Well that worked for awhile. Now I can't get it to recognize anything except my purchased NI kontakt libraries. I have tried (I think) almost everything. Please help. It's a 2015 iMac. Thank you. Remember... I am really not smart. So I need it explained very very specially.

3. huckleberry finn

huckleberry finn Member

Sorry about posting it in the wrong forum earlier.

4. huckleberry finn

huckleberry finn Member

Okay I was using the wrong Kontakt. Now I have added it but the Kontakt 5.6.6 I was using keeps crashing. Yikes.

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

You need legitimate Kontakt to open it. Or you would need to find a scene release which will work in non-legit Kontakt releases.

There was this release of it, done in 2016/18: Sonic.Reality.Ocean.Way.Drums.Gold.Edition
    It started as a 40GB library and they repacked/optimized it down to about 15GB. You'd have to make sure to get the correct release.

Maybe you could find a releaser who would want to do their thing with it, but it is old and released in different form; so that may be unlikely. You'd also have to upload the entire thing somewhere to even get it to them.

I would cut my losses and download the Minified version if I was still determined to use it. Which I would not be.

Not what you wanted to hear, but that's where you are at with it.

6. No Avenger

No Avenger Audiosexual

That's not a real problem. Either use the Report button to ask us if it's the right sub-forum because we can move the thread, or PM us (Olymoon or me) beforehand.

7. huckleberry finn

huckleberry finn Member

Thanks so much guys. Yeah I got it working through an earlier version- 5.6.6- so it is added now through the old style service center/add library function. Now my problem is the old version keeps crashing. What a life!