How i do this Fx? How i do this sound?

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by memex, May 26, 2021.

1. memex

memex Kapellmeister

Hi friends, i'm working in a track and i think this fx will be fit really good before the drop, and i want to replicate this in my track, please tell my how i can do this and the name of this fx, i will reading your comments. Thanks!

The effect is in 1:09

:grooves:

3. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Saw/ramp LFO assigned to amplitude/volume. Then modulate the rate from fast to slow. Apply this over a legato/sustained (supersaw) note/chord.
    It's basically a saw/ramp tremolo.
    Edit: There is also panning automation and reverb (dry/wet automation) involved. It's also coming back later with some ducking/SC compression with the kick as source.

Last edited: May 26, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. kh_minusone

kh_minusone Guest

If you're talking about the pluck, it sounds like multiple effects; a low pass filter with some resonance that slowly opens up, and some panning. The pluck starting fast and then slowing down can be achieved with an LFO that is modulating the volume. Modulate or automate the LFO's rate. If possible, change the LFO's shape such that when you slow down the LFO rate, it still sounds plucky (otherwise if you use a standard saw-down wave as your LFO shape, the pluck will have more decay as the LFO rate slows down).

Many other ways of achieving this, I'm sure, but this is (probably, hopefully) the simplest way.

EDIT: Alternatively just draw progressively longer (or more spaced out) notes in your piano roll. This would be a bit more time consuming though.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2021
  5. nmkeraj

nmkeraj Producer

How about the exponential rhythm?

6. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

That thur is a nasty ass beat :wink:

7. RobertoCavally

RobertoCavally Rock Star

Many ways, but I would put BT Stutter on ..something like this:

bc you have all the "automation" at hand (sorry, got carried away a bit ..;)