How have you written your first essay and what the topic was?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by marthapstevens, Nov 21, 2019.

1. marthapstevens

marthapstevens Newbie

Hello everyone. I am going to write my first essay about the influence of music and I would like to know your suggestions about how to amke the writing process more effective. Tell me about your first essay and what It was about? Maybe you can share your works or some samples to check and I'll be really glad. Thanks.

3. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

I wrote about creativity and Flow (flow state, Mihály Csíkszentmihályi). I read a few books, studies and other work in that research area. Then I conducted my own experiments with three different creative outlets:
    1) free flow over 8 hours (one looong sitting),
    2) speedwriting [5min limit for each idea/burst],
    3) restraints/rules (random poem and random set of chords, picked/decided before the improvisation)

I had to stick to the usual APA format when writing. In my case I used qualitative research, rather than quantative. Mine waswritten in Swedish (for University) so I don't think it will help you much.

Edit: There are a lot of useful databases where essays and scientific papers are stored (national and international). Most of them free to be read and studied, and taken into your own research. Sourcing is very important and the source has to have scientific credibility, which can be tricky in a "artistic" field (since much is subjective).

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. Alex Smith

Alex Smith Newbie

If you want to write a good essay you have to learn how to make a good research adn how to collect the required information. At once you will be able to operate with data it will be easier for you to write any essay on any topic.

5. Giggity

Giggity Producer

That book is underappreciated.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. MarkWalker

MarkWalker Newbie

I think that you have to practice a lot to achieve the required result. If you will have enough skills you will be able to write an impressive essay. You can try to use different samples and I think it is not a problem to find them online.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  7. Stevestark

Stevestark Newbie

You can find samples at educational platforms and websites of services. They often publish such a piece of information for free.

8. Alex Smith

Alex Smith Newbie

I've just remembered that you can try to work with writing services. You should probably find a trusted source because a lot of such services are illegal and can provide you with poor content for your money. I have both positive and negative experience but the last time I decided to purchase a term paper I was satisfied. You can also get some samples from them for free. But do not hurry up to use samples, first, you need to practice.

9. Alicia Stones

Alicia Stones Newbie

haha well, that was long ago! and I remember I was really struggling. it was something about Shakespeare, and while I love his works, it turned out so difficult to actually put that into words. I spent hours on writing and got a B. now that I am a sophomore in college, I write essays almost every week and sorta got used to writing haha. so don't worry, eventually, you will, too, and it's gonna be okay! to help you out, I have found some really great samples here: https://pro-papers.com/samples/category/literary-essay-examples. these guys also have a blog with lots of useful info on topics, writing tips, and even formatting guidelines! good luck!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021 at 12:09 AM
  10. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

Most important thing: Define and sepcify the topic. The influence of music in regards to what: Neuronal functions? chemical reactions? bodily functions? emotions? individuals? society? culture?

Then gather arguments and structure them logically and discuss them.