How has your life changed since people started taking the Coronavirus seriously?

Discussion in 'humor' started by Sylenth.Will.Fall, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

2. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

Eels elated?

3. It's been great! My mother has stopped calling me every second day asking "why haven't you been to see me? You never visit anymore. What sort of son are you?"

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  4. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

I want to echo what you said about us all staying safe. I know I'm making jokes about this but if I didn't? The alternative is .. well it doesn't bear thinking about. I've had asthma since I was 5 but I refused to let it take over how I live my life in any way. But this virus thing? That is making me think a whole different way.

5. tun

tun Rock Star

agreed. we havent even got the military in the streets yet here and people are using their time to buy toilet roll :rofl:

we have been put on lockdown but can still pretty easily go to shops etc so we have been updating our go bags. seems like the best thing to do right now.
    put some new species of seeds in this time :wink:

6. Sylenth.Will.Fall

It's only illegal if that person is living with someone showing symptoms. The fact you are at risk is of no concern to the government, but I completely agree. Those they deem 'key workers' are being treated like cannon fodder to the front lines.
    When all this is over there is going to be some serious blowback for those forcing people to go into work against their better judgement. My wife's boss told her she 'must' come in so I grabbed the phone off her and said if she catches it and anything happens to her or me I would, and I quote "run the bastard down" She thought she would lose her job over that, and Ihalf expected the police to turn up at my door. Still the good news is, her boss has caught it now!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. Sylenth.Will.Fall

I haven't even SEEN a toilet roll for weeks. I'm just doing handstands in the shower!

8. tun

tun Rock Star

good for you! fuck those employers! i used to work a lot of dead end jobs like warehouses etc and we had a lot of foreign workers there who did not know they had rights, so i used to fight for them and put managers in their place because they are very corrupt in those places.
    it was one of the best feelings in life to put those abusive scumbags in their place.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  9. Sylenth.Will.Fall

I bet it did. Managers are ..... you know what her manager had the cheek to do? He was meant to find out if the team could work from home. He found out about himself and sorted it out, telling everyone they had to come in. I found out who this swine's boss was and got in touch with her. I told her if he doesn't have to come in then my wife wasn't either.. They all have to go in now, but are taking turns on a rota

10. tun

tun Rock Star

they all have to go in including the manager? didnt you say the manager had it? or you mean all the workers had to go in?

youve always gota watch out for those guys. most of them will stab you in the back first chance. i am lucky at the moment. a lot of the work i do is through a contract with a management structure but all of those managers that i have to deal with these days are decent people. its only when you go further up the chain that it becomes more corrupt.

11. Sylenth.Will.Fall

I did. When I picked my wife up from work yesterday, she told me he was self isolating now and wont be coming in to do his shift. I suspect he is swingin' the lead though..

12. tun

tun Rock Star

maybe it will kill him and save you a job :rofl:

13. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Amen my brother, although did I mention my accomplished driving skills? :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  14. tun

tun Rock Star

i heard nothing :hahaha:

15. Sylenth.Will.Fall

I'll remind ya every now and then :D

16. jynx

jynx Platinum Record

I havnt actually had the chance to tell my missus,z bosses that if i fukn catch it , itl take em for every penny they got n theyre gonna get hurt real tuff!!

Well done tho mate, idve expected nothing less, i bet the muthafucka hasnt taken what you said on board tho innit?
    My missus is talkin to her head office n goin over the dickhead thats the manager for that particular branch of fed ex today..
    If it goes tittz up im gettin involved and am gonna have to have serious words with the head honcho...

Oh shitt yeah, so your girls boss caught it, Thas properly dangerous now in terms of the chances your missus,z gonna get it n give it to you...

I found some info last night bout what i was sayin regarding not goin to work if you live with someone selfisolating or that has underlying health problems.
    Shitt i didnt bookmark it, "Duuuuuhh" I'l find it and give u the link in a lil while..

The term "self isolating" doesnt mean only if youve contracted it btw, it applies to those with underlying conditions that are doing their best to self isolate and stay safe too!!

, The simple real world truth is that its way more dangerous for you and me, anybody with asthma, or esspecially c.o.p.d.
    Need to fukin go live in a bunker for 6 months...No joke sadly..covd19 doesnt discriminate, it doesnt matter who you are, what race or colour of skin, social status, if your filthy rich or poor like me, gay/straight, old/young.....it doesnt care who the fuck you are, if it gets hold of you , and esspecialy if youve issues like us, its a real world threat we have to take seriously..
    Even if you goto hospital and get help, and you survive, your fucked anyway coz by the time your showing symptoms, irreprable damage is done and youve fibrosis of the lungs!

Anywayz, good on ya grabbin the phone n puttn the boss in his place, "Bet he feels like a right dick now innit!"
    You need to take extra precautions bro, Your missus needs to stay home, its too dangerous with you havn asthma......."Real talk!"

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  17. jynx

jynx Platinum Record

Hey im not offended i get it, i get it!
    In times like these, we all often try to make light of a bad situation, thas just human nature..
    What else are you supposed to do..cry, or shout, breakdown completely?....naaaaah, Humor is just our defence mechanism!

18. jynx

jynx Platinum Record

No No, If you live with someone with underlying health problems, or self isolating, its illegal too...
    Or it ddamn well should be

I heard that on bbc news, and i did find info online confirming that.
    However, i also found a shit load of info not mentioning that at all...

It,d be ridiculous if its fine to go to work when you live with people self isolating, and basically chancing giving it to the likes of you or me which is rolling the dice with our lives....
    The chances of dying from it are way way higher if youve asthma/c.o.p.d/high blood pressure, way higher!!!

19. jynx

jynx Platinum Record

Yep, me too!!
    I developed c.o.p.d when i was 36 or 35 or summat, my asthma doesnt manifest often, but when i start wheezing for whatever reasaon, its always real bad..

Im taking this extremely seriously, i know theres probably some that will say im exagerating, or will contradict the dangers and chances of dying.

Ive seen footage of somebody my ruff age "42" who was dying from it, and lemme tell you something, Its a horrific/painfull death.
    Its not like you die in your sleep, You may be hooked up to a ventilator, but your still gasping for air!

Be real carefull bro, real carefull.
    Im the type that aint scared of fuck all, But this scares me shitless!

20. Sylenth.Will.Fall

You and me both.. Keep well and stay safe.

I'm trying not to think about it,