How good is the Behringer DeepMind 6?

Discussion in 'Synthesizers' started by Bunford, May 31, 2023.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

How good is this for a hardware synth? I have been offered one locally for £300, but may be able to bring them down a bit to the £250/275 range. Is it still worth it?

How well does in integrate with DAW setups?

3. 23322332

23322332 Rock Star

It is good, if you want to emulate cheesy roland synths from the past. So, synthpop, retrowave machine, I guess.
    Outboard synths are pain in the ass, if you work on complex tracks, imo, unless you run out of CPU and want to use it to offload the DAW?

4. NekomimiMan

NekomimiMan Member

It's like a ROLAND JUNO 106, with some spanky digital effects and some enhanced routings/parameters inside. I only use hardware so I would have to speculate about its use with computers - but it does have USB MIDI. It is worth bearing in mind that the DEEPMIND 12 also has WiFi, if that has any appeal. There's a few Youtube videos of the DEEPMIND series being used with Ableton etc, so have a good look at them, and then go get a demo if you like what you see.
    Price-wise, I would go for the deal you are currently looking at. You won't get many analogue polysynths for £300 never mind £250-£275... maybe a KORG MINILOGUE, which are best avoided unless you get the XD version - and even then, the MINILOGUE is still paraphonic and not truly polyphonic (ie: on the MINILOGUE you have to play all notes from a chord bang-on the same time, or face note-stealing).
    The DEEPMIND is true poly!

5. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

Kinda looks like a Juno, but on steroids with an 8-bus modulation matrix, a 32-step sequencer and four digital FX engines engines with over 33 TC Electronic, Midas, and Klark Teknik algorithms. Plus a Lexicon and EMT onboard: "five impeccable reverb models — Hall, Ambient, Rich Plate, Room, and Rich Chamber — from the Lexicon 480L" and "Vintage Reverb, based on the fabled EMT250 plate"

So in other words it can sound close to a Juno but it's a whole different beast as you can hear.