How does this song can be #1 globally?

Discussion in 'Music' started by ricbm710, May 12, 2023.

1. ricbm710

ricbm710 Kapellmeister

Top 1 song globally according to Spotify: Ella Baila Sola

I usually understand how songs make it to the top of the lists such as Miley Cyrus' Flowers recently. They all share some similarities that make them trendy.
    But this song has literally nothing in common with them. Millions of videos online trying to teach others how to get the perfect drum beat and this song has no beat at all.

Why do you think this kind of productions suddenly can become appealing for that many people?

3. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

The out-of-tune and repetative brass stabs makes this tune wonky and annoying enough to make it hooky/stick.
    Maybe. Idk. Never heard it before.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  4. Melodic Reality

Melodic Reality Rock Star

Same as Despacito, there's tons of Spanish/Portuguese speaking people who are into that kind of fusion of styles of their own music and masses are just into what others find good and what's trendy, from time to time they embrace something outside of US/UK, especially if you brainwash them enough on public radio.

People losing shit on Kate Bush just because it was in one of the scenes of some popular show, you can pretty much influence people to embrace whatever you want if you place it and market it smartly.

AI algorithms really can push this stuff to everyone and this can blow out of proportion exponentially in mater of days, it happened to some of my work too, just because I posted something copyrighted from WMG and they decided it would be cool to make money on that and they just pushed it like mad, I have 999% growth from that day every day in every aspect.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  5. Recoil ✪

Recoil ✪ Platinum Record

I've never heard that in my life, maybe because I live in Central Europe :hahaha:

6. 洋鬼子

洋鬼子 Producer

I actually heard that some people are able to manipulate views on famous platforms and even offer it as an service.
    The track seems extremely untypical for an top 100 Song but probably lots of south americans listen to this music.
    Never heard the track before so im also confused why it is so popular.

7. Melodic Reality

You can see in comments, scroll and there's just Spanish, lot of flags and people being proud of it, everyone just thrilled something using their language exploding globally, same was with Despacito, everyone took pride in it and at this point anyone that is listening or even wondered about this kind of music is getting this recommended, it's organic at this point, you don't really have to manipulate anything, just have focused and steady following and good public engagement on your content, so that algorithm can recommend you further, if you are all over the place, it just won't happen.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. 洋鬼子

洋鬼子 Producer

I don't think that someone manipulated the views but often internet views are quite overhyped.
    There have been some cases in the german rap scene where views have been manipulated to attract more attention. What just strikes me as odd is the fact that this music seems extremely untypical for a top 100 Song.

There are quite some songs which gained popularity lately due to the fact that they speak a foreign language such as this vietnamese song. The lyrics are pretty much your average love song but I actually dig the production on this one.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  9. Melodic Reality

Yeah, but it's not easy to do that as before, they pretty much froze your views and inspect further if they see huge traffic suddenly, inspect IP's and all that, than probably if they establish it's actually organic, they push you even more. This label is focused on that particular thing and that particular thing have huge interest of millions of people in plenty of countries around the globe, it's not just Mexican thing. Algorithms started getting really more engaging not long ago, everyone is fighting for you attention, not just You Tube, everyone have AI's in place that are trying to make you stay engaged on their platform and just keep recommending you stuff they think you will listen and stay engaged. When they establish pattern and see that same interest group is listening to this, they keep pushing it even more to everyone in that interest group. From that it starts flowing exponentially. Especially after you get in trending. Tons of people are probably making stories and TikToks with this song, there's masses that just wait for something new to be trendy and than they follow it blindly because they know it's trendy and it gonna blow up, so they like to get involved in that.

Thing with music like this is, as I said, people take pride in it, it's like national victory, like they won something, so they keep pushing this further to their friends and everyone, there's no shortage of people doing things just because it's trendy and it's kinda fresh, so they feel like they discovered something new, but part of something big in same time.

You don't have to do exactly the same thing every time, people get bored at one point and than embrace something totally opposite, it happens almost every year that some weird track blows up like this.

If you want to test this, just make any material using this song, stupid TikTok dance, make proper tags and tittle and everyone that is going crazy for this song will listen to it, it's pretty much going to take rounds in everyone's contents right now.

Now attention seekers want this exposure too, you will see top comments from some established channels and tons of people losing their shit because even that guy digs it, it's crazy thing, people like to have things to unite them like this and feel like they are part of global family. Check in few days, that Marshmelo guy will be there in top comments with millions of likes, that's his thing, he goes on videos that tons of people watch and just collects even more groupies, like omg, Marshmelo is here lol Everyone else is just posting stuff like, love this, greetings from (insert any country, put flag of that country next to Mexican) and every like they get makes their life better immediately.

Last edited: May 13, 2023
  10. Rikotoki

Rikotoki Member

I personally enjoyed that tune, and tbh enough with that “perfect kick” debate and similar boring stuff. Music is so much more than a beat, and watching a song without these elements toping the charts is always refreshing.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. 洋鬼子

洋鬼子 Producer

People often like to shit on pop and top 100 songs but I think the production is often great.
    They usually restrict themselves to really basic chord progressions but great mixing and effects.
    Sometimes I don't even listen for the composition but for the production :bleh:

12. ricbm710

ricbm710 Kapellmeister

I agree with this. Plus, Mexico is one of the ten most populated countries in the world. Demographics play a major role.

13. JMOUTTON

JMOUTTON Audiosexual

Never heard it before.

It is what it is, if people like it they like it.

14. noise.maker

noise.maker Platinum Record

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. Djord Emer

Djord Emer Audiosexual

oh no, there's music making success that it's not exactly what I listen to and think it's the standard, because... you know I'm the center of the universe :disco:

jokes aside, open your mind, fortunately there isn't just american music being made right now (thank god! Not that I liked the "Ella Baila Sola" song anyways, haha).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

Congrats on getting officially old!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. ricbm710

ricbm710 Kapellmeister

Hahaha don't get me wrong, I like the song. Just trying to figure it out what makes it so appealing from a Music Production stand point.

18. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    Simple, the girl in the red dress. The song is actually just like any urban latin song minus the drums and percussion. All the other elements are there. Add a dembow beat and it will match perfectly.

19. Coochie Bean Paste

Coochie Bean Paste Kapellmeister

I love this track.

It's all about life and love. a popular modern opera lyrica. a return to traditional life styles.

20. WillTheWeirdo

WillTheWeirdo Audiosexual

Seems like a Mexican Banda fusion style song, minus the Accordion, lol.... gotta love that bouncy fun energy!

21. WillTheWeirdo

WillTheWeirdo Audiosexual

This is not a new kind of music, it's a Mexican Banda type song, very popular in Southern Mexico and played throughout many Spanish speaking countries. As Spanish is spoken in more total countries than any language except English, I can easily see this song being popular.... despite not have any major drum playing, lol. FWIW if you think the musicians in your country have talent, take a visit to Mexico and go see some shows. I've personally witnessed live Banda bands with 15 piece horn sections ripping 16th tripplets in perfect tight timing at tempos in the 150's for hours.... it was jaw dropping the first time seeing it live, knowing I spent 20 years working with some amazing musicians in the U.S.A., and they could learn some tricks from these Banda bands.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List