How does this mix and master sounds to you?

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by R.S, Dec 19, 2017.

1. R.S

R.S Producer

I've used T-Racks 5.
    Many Thanks!
    Peace &Love

3. Bill Vkerchi?

Bill Vkerchi? Kapellmeister

I would have a completely different balance for this song. So, sounds to me like the mix is not really working. The drums are too quiet the synths are too loud, just a whole different balance.
    I can also criticize the song itself but I'm afraid that'll come off unkind. And you did wish me Peace &Love so whatever :shalom:

4. louplarsen

louplarsen Newbie

I don't think T-Racks 5 is the good plugin for mastering. mastering is more difficult that put a WAV In it and run the pluging. but it's a good job.

5. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

SOUNDS REALLY GOOD

the tool for the job does not matter, its what you DO with the tools that counts!
    t-racks is just fine for anything (if you can accomplish what it needs)

6. DJK

DJK Rock Star

you cant master a turd, make the mix itself better, no balance, drums to quiet, vocals too loud, lacks space,dynamics,put the t racks on the master buss in your DAW, then you can hear how it sounds, make changes as you hear them,then when your happy export as .wav, but always best to mix the mix before bouncing to .wav,not so easy after, gain stage if you know how, give yourself some headroom, -6 to -12, depends on genre, not jerking you off, just being honest, been through it myself,when i use vocals i always double track them, keep one in the center,or off to the righ or left a bit, on the other i put a low pass filter on and auto pan,and a bit of delay, get good results, just my way of course.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  7. Hmm. Bad edit at 3:45. It's a bit too light in the low mids and a tad too shimmery in the highs (which could just be the low mids).

I think the DnB core of the track needs levelling up. That's a compressor with a long attack and short release used to gel the body of the sound and place it in the mix. I think the vocal is lacking a tad of girth, but I suspect that's in the guy's mouth, rather than the track.

Always worth listening to.

8. R.S

R.S Producer

After a break from the mixing and the input from you here, I can truly hear some serious flaws indeed! :) Many thanks

9. R.S

R.S Producer

10. R.S

R.S Producer