How does one change a Wine bottles audio driver?!

Discussion in 'Software' started by MokuseiFolf13, Jan 8, 2024.

1. MokuseiFolf13

MokuseiFolf13 Ultrasonic

So basically I'm trying to make my little own AudioGridder + Logic Pro setup on my Mac (the modern way to get Windows only VSTs to work on and with Mac), and holy hell, is it frustrating as heck. I managed to get WineAISO to work within standalone soft synths but not through AudioGridder. The issue is I want to figure out how to change the global audio driver in WineSkin/Wine to WineASIO now that it's already registered and working, that way I don't have to deal with the atrocious DirectSound/Windows Audio playback!! :suicide:

Pre-historic forum entries from other Wine sites state that there's an "Audio" entry folder that can be modified to your (virtual) sound driver of choice... Yeah... About that. (A screenshot of this contradiction will be provided.)

Any thoughts on this? Any and all help is greatly appreciated! :mates:

Attached Files:

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

Is there some reason why you decided to approach this using AudioGridder instead of using Crossgridder? Depending on your MacOS, you have to be careful which version of Crossgridder you need to use. Check your pms.

4. MokuseiFolf13

MokuseiFolf13 Ultrasonic

CrossGridder through CrossOver for whatever reason hates WineASIO even though the compiled .dll I made works perfectly well all other wine distros

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

The output of the Crossover/audio gridder instance is sent to the plugin on your mac. You aren't listening to the audio out of the emulation. You are sending data over a little private network and the audio you hear will only be from Logic.

6. MokuseiFolf13

MokuseiFolf13 Ultrasonic

I understand but there's an irritating amount of clipping and crackles, and sometimes it gets pretty bad. With another sound driver, it allows me to use buffers as low as 128 samples, with cleaner and uninterrupted audio no less. CrossGridder/Crossover, with it's aversion with anything but the unreliable default wine audio driver just doesn't suit my needs, sadly.