How do you rip audio from videos on YouTube with jDownloader? [solved]

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Bunford, Dec 10, 2023.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I've had a bit of a dig around, but just wondering if there is a way to rip just the audio from videos on YouTube using jDownloader2 as I use it anyway as a download manager, so would save me using other apps as I believe it should be able to rip the audio only from YouTube videos?! :dunno:

It's not for anything where pristine audio quality is needed, and more just for some reference tracks or for some casual home DJ sessions.

3. BlackHawk

BlackHawk Producer

Download with JDownloader the whole video. then use xrecode3 (10,- €, highestly recommended) to convert to whatever audio-format you want.

4. Aidene

Aidene Platinum Record

Best Answer
    If you copy (highlight and right click on windows) the Youtube video url link it will be picked up by jDownloader running in the background......before you click to start the download open up the folder with the + sign and it will probably have a few different files....video, description, the sound file etc......just select the one you want and delete the others. jDownloader will then just download the audio from the video.

well that method works for me....hope for you too :like:

5. ZUK

ZUK Rock Star

6. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

just download videos and batch convert to whatever audio specs you need with Reaper :chilling:

7. Strat4ever

Strat4ever Rock Star

the easiest simple foolproof way to get the audio or just the video from any movie is use mkvtoolnix load the video into it you'll see a list of the contents in the movie just uncheck what you don't want to extract click "Start Multiplexing" and the audio file will be there in the same folder. I use this to add or remove subtitles or additional audio tracks from a movie file. Hope this helps.

8. Olaf

Olaf Platinum Record

Yes, you have to paste the link to JDownloader and then select the audio stream you want (M4A or Opus):

[​IMG]

9. m.sarti

m.sarti Producer

10. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I did spot these, but when trying to download just the audio portion without the whole things it says FFmpeg plugins are required and so on. On the error, I clicked to install the plugin and then restarted, and seems to have worked now :wink:

11. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

You dont need any other program than JDownloader. This is how to do it easily:

1. Open JDownloader
    2. At Youtube, click on share and copy the link, or copy the url at the top of your web browser, or the playlist link, if you want to download an entire playlist..
    3. JDownloader will automatically add the video and all related files to it's download list.
    4. On the right hand of JDownloader, right upon the "Start all donwload" button, you will see a list of files types. Example: Audio file , text file, video file, subtitle file, etc.. with a tick box on their right.
    5. De-Select the type of file that you don't want to download, they will disappear from the list.
    6. click on Start download

That's all.
    And this is very useful if you are going to download an entire playlist, you don't have to select / deselect the type of files you want for each video.

Important note: The files corresponding to de-selected file types are not visible in the list and are not downloaded, BUT they stay in the download list, so once you have finished, re-select all files types, and do "control A" on your keyboard, then delete, say OK when asked, to remove all these files from your download list at once.