How do you make simple videos for your music?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Bunford, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I'm just looking for some ideas on how to make simple videos for tracks. I don't need video per se, but just my logo, a stock background and have a visualiser over the top.

What software do you guys use to do this? I've never really dabbled in making videos so I'm a bit lost on this :)

3. electriclash

electriclash Guest

sony vegas is out on audz as well as a tutorial if you need; easy to use and install :like:

4. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

5. Thankful

Thankful Rock Star

Is this for putting your tracks on YouTube? There are a few free online video makers like this and this. A video software would have a bit of a learning curve.

6. electriclash

electriclash Guest

bah you're a programmer, its easy.

7. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

The videos I want to make are this kind of level of simplicity, with an overlaid "EQ" such as this. Is this easy enough in Vegas?

8. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

[​IMG]
    ROCKS

if it is okay, i would like to suggest adobe premiere (or after effects) it probably wouldn't be very hard for you to acquire, very easy to find tutorials on plus you have special effects,
    you learn that one now and later on IF you wanted to make super advanced stuff(or long films etc.) you dont need to re-learn another program, I have found that out the hard way before myself.
    plus you get every type of rendering option for codecs etc.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  9. webhead

webhead Audiosexual

You can't add a visual equalizer in Vegas. You must learn After Effects for that. I don't know about other special video maker softwares. There was Noteloop last years for just that purpose, but I guess it didn't sell enough.

10. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

I use after effects to make my visualizer videos. You can find all kinds of tutorials on youtube some even have templates just like you are looking for.

11. RedThresh

RedThresh Producer

Sony Vegas won't get you there. It can't have realtime audio visuals at all. Like @subGENRE said After Effects is the best choice for this, and is so overused, you can find tons of premade templates or tutorials. Might be on AZ too.

12. electriclash

electriclash Guest

yah looks like the boys are right about aftereffects:

apparently you can drop mp3 and get an eq visualized (look for instructions in the comments)-

Vegas is an actual editor. You can have a static image (or fade between multiples) or add your own video as a background but I don't know about adding an eq of the song like you've mentioned. I suggested vegas becuase it has a deep ability reach and figured as you'd want to add more/grow your skills this could grow with you

edit window looks this:
    [​IMG]

I found it very similar to audio editing :dunno:

Good luck though!! :):):bow:

13. electriclash

electriclash Guest

14. RedThresh

RedThresh Producer

I met some studio chief (and a big studio, tons of gear and priceless legendary monsters) and he was using Vegas to mix his sessions! So yeah, really similar to an audio editor.