How do you make a multisample menu in Omnisphere 2?

Discussion in 'Omnisphere' started by MokuseiFolf13, Mar 6, 2023.

1. MokuseiFolf13

MokuseiFolf13 Ultrasonic

Basically what I'm trying to accomplish is recreating several patches from Vocal Planet, more so the jazz choir chords from the jazz vocals disc (the chord patches like the sus 13, major 7th, etc.) and was wondering if you can assign certain sounds for certain keys (D1, F-2, F5, etc.) instead of having one sound stretched across the whole keyboard. Something akin to say a drum kit patch or a sound emu hailing from the days of AKAI and Roland (which truly have never faced extinction X3). I don't mean the actual samples being velocity based, but certain keys are certain distinct samples. My apologizes for any redundancy in my question. Any and all info and help is greatly appreciated! <3

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

go to Multi. Click Stack. It will show the instruments and the zones. You can resize the zone by dragging the blue horizontal bar for each. You can change the sound in the Mixer and Live tabs. It is close to what you want, but it is not like a keyzone mapped sampler instrument; where you can put individual hits on every key. All the additional root note samples in that example, are desirable so there is no/less time stretching effect on the samples sound quality. Omnisphere (and other synths) do not need that many samples to do their magic.

4. MokuseiFolf13

MokuseiFolf13 Ultrasonic

Got it, thank you very much. I'll be sure look into it right now!

5. nOrakat

nOrakat Newbie

Sorry to revive an old thread - Omnisphere 2 says it has presets that use multiple samples. So is this to say that the creators of omnisphere can create multisampled presets but the user cannot?

By multisampled - I mean a preset with either different samples for different velocities or in example OP mentioned which is different samples mapped across the keyboard without the use of stacking.

6. MokuseiFolf13

MokuseiFolf13 Ultrasonic

I do hope Spectrasonics make that possible in Omnisphere 3... Think of how crazy of a lead Spectrasonics would have if they offer those tools of making programmable multisampled soundsources, with velocity, RR, etc. the whole caboodle. I know Omnisphere isn't an absolute sampler, but man, that'd be an absolute game changer. :unsure:

7. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

It appears you may want to check out something like Kontakt or TAL sampler for your particular application. Those are more "sampler" based type instruments that easily enable importing your sound files and capable of individual key assignments per sample...

8. MokuseiFolf13

MokuseiFolf13 Ultrasonic

Trust me, I love Kontakt, I even have the libraries converted to work in Kontakt, I can even provide Kontaktified versions I made and uploaded on archive.org. What I really should be asking for is if Spectrasonics or Eric Persing could add the rest of the missing samples in a next version of Omnisphere... Not sure if it's possible anyways.

9. clone

clone Audiosexual

Well, i'm not sure how this would be different than what you can already accomplish in Sample Robot, or in Logic we have AutoSampler after v10.5. They do multiple velocity layers, round robin, various numbers of keys etc. For hardware or other software instruments. They auto-rename everything. Powerful utility program.

And Omnisphere with a more robust sampler, will just be UVI Falcon. no? (half serious here)

10. MokuseiFolf13

MokuseiFolf13 Ultrasonic

Fair point... It'd be nice to be able to do it in Omnisphere. But only time will tell. I'll work with what I got, don't worry.

11. clone

clone Audiosexual

Sample Robot is a great program. I wish we had it for Mac too. Making samples using a program like that really needs to be running natively and not in a VM. Because it triggers the instrument, records it, and then adjusts the very beginning of the file automatically too. That way you don't end up with samples that don't conform to a whole batch, but it gets them close enough where you also do not lose the initial transients or create a click. If you have to go in and fix a result because of a problem with 88 keys, x4 velocity layers... it's probably not going to happen unless you can somehow batch them. Probably how/why they get away with charging what they do for it.