How do you layer tempo-sync'd loops across a keyboard - 1 loop per key (vst): SOLVED

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by Cardamom, Nov 6, 2023.

1. Cardamom

Cardamom Platinum Record

USING A WAV FILE/LOOP that's locked on "120" (or whatever) BPM:

Been going nuts trying to work with Kontakt, Battery and Stylus. Stylus gets me closest (after converting to Rex) but you can't assign 1 loop per key across your midi keyboard. As for Battery and Kontakt, I can't seem to find out how to sync them to the host tempo (v.7 K / v.4 B).

Anyone got this one sussed out? Is there a better VST for this job?

Please & Thanks! :)

SOLVED - HERE'S HOW

OKAY - unless some brainiac sample-master out there knows of a better way, after hours of experimentation, I got it.

1. Covert all wav loops to REX using RECYCLE.
    2. I import the REX Loops to KONTAKT and assign the loop to 1 key and one key only.
    3. I continue to do this with all converted REX loops until I have my percussion (or whatever your sample loop) loops are layered 1 loop per key across the keyboard and they ALWAYS (thanks to Kontakt's brilliant REX conversion) play in time with the song BPM you have going on.
    Cheers!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2023