How do you install Studio One X?

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by Bunford, May 9, 2017.

1. ericdared

ericdared Ultrasonic

As long as it has nothing to do with changing the system date, we'd be glad to know this workaround.
    thx

2. Callaghan

Callaghan Member

I'd like to know how :wink:

3. miguel88

miguel88 Member

I would love to know how, I miss all that midi features on soundtracks composing

4. ke6

ke6 Newbie

Yes bro I am interesting this scripts are fantastic please tell me your solution I am on mac thanks in advance

5. starkid84

starkid84 Producer

OK, cool. I'll post the instructions here, but before I do.... Does anyone have the custom menu macros "Scripts v1.0.1 Macros.zip" that came with the 2.6.1 release?

The file I'm talking about is shown here in this video:

I know if I post the instructions on bypassing the expiration date first, anyone who might have the "scripts v1.0.1 macros.zip" will just horde it for themselves, instead of taking 5 minutes to share it here.

Thanks again to @t66t for posting the main files here, because there are obviously other users who have the same files, but instead of sharing the packages just ignored the repeated requests to share the files... yet these are the same users who want help installing and getting the package to work past the expiration date...:dont:

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. tapekiller

tapekiller Kapellmeister

that would be cool, let's hope somebody uploads that Scripts v1.0.1 Macros.zip file.
    Not sure why everything went offline, but it's a real shame.

7. starkid84

starkid84 Producer

My method for keeping studio one x active will allow you to keep your system date working normally.

8. miguel88

miguel88 Member

does in mac work different cause I add the studio one package inside of studio one and I delete the files in the folder studio one x the documents folder but when I open studio one the x bar doesn't show nothing I like they don't detect the scrip

9. ke6

ke6 Newbie

i don't have the file you request for but i really nedd your tips for the expiration the one i have it for mac adn it is the version 2 6 1 and it will expire soon so please help me bro

10. t66t

t66t Noisemaker

Oh yeah, forgot about the macros. Here they are.

Attached Files:

11. Callaghan

Callaghan Member

Attached Files:

12. ke6

ke6 Newbie

Bro do you have the 2.6.5 version package ? If yes please upload it as well best regards

13. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  14. Callaghan

Callaghan Member

These may be of use. As far as I was aware, these were the latest versions.

I don't have the 32bit package btw. And I'm not sure what the IconPlatform thingy is.

Attached Files:

15. ericdared

ericdared Ultrasonic

:rofl::rofl::rofl::bleh:

16. starkid84

starkid84 Producer

Haha... that was actually a legit typo. I meant "2.6.1" which is the latest version. I edited my original post.

And since all of the scripts/components have been shared, I'll follow up on my end of the bargain and tell you guys how to keep Studio one X active on your system past the expiration date. Just give me a sec to type this up...

17. starkid84

starkid84 Producer

Thank you @Callaghan for posting the complete Studio One X set, and also @t66t and @Bunford for sharing parts of the files in earlier posts. Do any of you have the Studio One X documentation/manual that was on the forum by any chance?

As many of you know the developer for of the studio one X add on has taken down the site, and removed all links to Studio One X. I don't know why, if he will continue the project. It's also possible Presonus picked up his code to implement in future versions of S1. Either way I've yet to find any info on why he shut the project down. With all that said Studio One X is fantastic, it takes Studio One to the level that officially puts it above all other DAWS in both audio AND midi editing. Studio One X is in essence adds much of what S1 users have been expecting since v3, but Presonus has been slow to, or have not implemented. Bottom line the guy is a talented programmer, and I am (and we should all be) grateful he shared his work with us, as many great things like this never see the light of day publicly.

Unfortunately for whatever reason he decided that his project should self destruct over a period of 30 days.... and for many of us that's like having rug pulled from under your feet, and getting kicked out on the street just as soon as you got used to living in the new mansion. Even though it is the developers prerogative to do this, I felt it was a jerk move as so many find this add on indispensable.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Anyway here is the method to keep Studio One X bar activated:
    **(This method is for windows only so far, the process for osx is technically the same, but I've yet to find a tool to help automate the process on osx)

1. If doing a new install of the studio one x tool bar, follow the normal installation instructions. these guys go over the installation in the video below:

(If your studio one X is already expired, just skip down to step 3).

2. there is a time bomb that will expire in 30 days after your initial installation, which will disable the toolbar. set your clock forward one month if you want to see what happens:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Unfortunately changing the clock back would wreak havoc on most systems and now a days an accurate clock is needed for everyday functions, so In order to keep the scripts library working we are going do a little basic hack that only tricks Studio One's system clock, but only while loading.

3. download "run as date" freeware from here: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/run_as_date.html

4. Extract the files and run "run as date.exe" and use the browse button to choose the Studio One.exe

5. Set the date back to when you installed Studio One X, you can leave the rest of the settings as the picture below. You may need to change the "return to current date/time after..." option from 10 seconds to longer depending on the speed of your system. On my system Studio One's launch screen is done loading in about 5-7 seconds for me.
    [​IMG]

6. (optional) if you to be able to open Studio One from a task bar, start menu, or desktop icon like myself, then you need to click on the create desktop shortcut and then drag that shortcut to your location of choice. I would also recommend deleting the old shortcuts/quick launch icons to avoid confusion.
    [​IMG]

7. Use the shortcut/quick Icon you created with to open Studio One and "Studio One X' will be active! If done correctly this has ZERO side effects and the system clock is set back to normal before you create a new song.

That's it!

REGARDING OSX:

**If anyone has ideas on how to automate the process "like run as date" does or apps for osx that do the same thing post it here so we can help make this easy for the osx users as well, the closest thing I found in my initial query is the last post on this thread: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/program-comparable-to-runasdate.635564/

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. tapekiller

tapekiller Kapellmeister

Oh ok, I was hoping it wasn't going to be be a workaround based on expiration date, but nevermind.
    It's still something, so thanks for that.

19. ke6

ke6 Newbie

I am on mac anyone can help us mac user ????!!

20. miguel88

miguel88 Member

can you see the studio one x tools on your bar cause I use a mac and after delete the expire version and replace with a new package and after that when I open studio one I don't see the X bar anymore maybe only happen on a mac