How do you install a cracked Machine 2 software on a Mac that already has legit, newer software?

Discussion in 'Maschine' started by caynick, Nov 10, 2020.

1. caynick

caynick Newbie

Hey all,

New owner of a Machine Mk3 and I have a load of cracked Expansions I would love to play with.

Native Access rejects this and I have seen a few mentions of having 1 legit and 1 cracked copy.

Just tried but cracked software is older than current legit.

Any advice is greatly appreciated, I wish you the best with your music :D

3. mapjay

mapjay Member

you don't usually need latest versions, usually latest k'd version works with most latest k'd expansions, that were released.

you kinda can't run both legit and k'd, at least not on mac.

you dind't mention for mac or win?

for mac, install all updates and drivers for your hardware, then install latest k'd version of just maschine software, and it will replace the app and plugins (at least AU and VST, not AAX!), and then you can use all your expansions. however, if you are on Catalina 10.15.x, we no longer have k'd NI Access - which means you prob can't install your expansions fully (you can use pacifist, maybe to extract manually?!? - but they prob wont' work as full NKS in other NI apps?!?) so hopefully you are on mojave 10.14 or earlier, and don't update lol :)

4. caynick

caynick Newbie

Hi mate and thanks for your reply. I am running Mac (Mojave 10.14.6) so your advice is greatly appreciated. Are you saying that the expansions will come up in my hardware as long as I follow your advice? Cheers!

5. mapjay

mapjay Member

in order for most NI products to install the nks stuff needed on your system drive to show up properly in Komplete Kontrol, Kontakt or Maschine, you must run the actual product installer from its DMG or PKG installer, or from the ISO.

for alot of NI kontakt libraries that come with nks stuff and require v5.8 or higher, if you just add the library to the kontakt v560 "add libraries" tab, it will add the nks stuff for that library into the other apps, as well. you then only need the k'd version of the apps kontakt, komplete kontrol, maschine, etc... to use all the expansiosn you have, no matter how you acquired them. you usually need to run the apps as stand alone after installations, in order for them to see the new, updated products and info, and for them to add themselves to the features inside.

6. mapjay

mapjay Member

and for all users with Mac, stay on Mojave 10.14 OS, if you want to be able to install k'd apps and products properly, since we no longer have k'd NI Access, to help with restructuring NI products or even to install most newer NI stuff, in Catalina 10.15+ ... !

7. caynick

caynick Newbie

Thanks so much mate you have been a great help.

Since we spoke I wiped my Mac and got ready to start again this weekend as have been manic at work.

So...right now I have a blank canvas with nothing on the Mac - am I right in understanding your post above that I could/should install the K'd version while the legit version is already installed?

As I have wiped it now I will try with a fresh install and I guess I will find out!

Oh yes 1 more thing if you don't mind, am I right in saying we can't preview sounds without Native Access?

Thank you so much mate hope you are having a wicked Sunday making tunes!