How do you guys make passive income or secondary income in todays economy?

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by Brendan, Jun 6, 2024.

1. Angelfire

Angelfire Noisemaker

I slurp shlongs.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  2. shinyzen

shinyzen Rock Star

My only source of income for the last 15 year or so has been music. Over the last few years, ive realized i can make 10X's that amount by day trading / investing in crypto. I still work on music, but only projects i want to be involved in, not just taking any thing that comes across my desk in order to get a check.

Trading / investing doesnt have to be crypto. If you understand how to read charts, how to protect your portfolio, and responsibly leverage trade, you can trade oil, cattle, tech, etc.

3. Brendan

Brendan Kapellmeister

Thank you, i almost thought did i make this post in the wrong area? I almost though all of us on this sites form of income is making sure old ladies and gents get their proper jello intake....

4. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Well, I have a problem with that, since nobody needs a 54 yo IT professional. I occasionally get a computer to repair or install OS-adjust for music making, do some rare recording gigs, which all brings me some pocket money, but could really really use a steady IT tech job. Knowing Linux well should be a big advantage, but it doesn't seem so, so far. The prospects are very bleak. :sad:

Passive income? The only chance I might get is some money from the government as I'm disabled (heart problems) and pretty much won't last very long. Honestly, I think I'm going to end up on the street in a couple of years if I don't get a steady job. "Man up", they say... will sell everything and leave for Amazon or something really drastic...

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. Choosename

Choosename Platinum Record

Grow some plants, nature is all about passive income. You only have to invest your time, take some land, plant some bones, water it, collect.
    Later animals, like sheeps and bees. They work for free!

6. Kelsier

Kelsier Kapellmeister

We sow the seed, nature grows the seed and then we smoke the weed

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Choosename

Choosename Platinum Record

Growing weed counts as passive incomes too:hillbilly:

Last edited: Jun 7, 2024
  8. Garamondo Furbish

Garamondo Furbish Audiosexual

I've had to go back to hooking and male stripping. Its okay but its hard to live on 127$ a month. Its mostly the old ladies that bring change to the clubs. I hate cold quarters in my g-string and then they fall out and I have to bend over to pick them up and they pinch my bottom...

9. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

random things but nothing continuous or consistent,
    one full-time job isn't foolproof, but is enough for now,
    don't call me lazy, but I rather enjoy life instead of chasing after money to spend on useless things and wasting time maintaining those things...
    :chilling: