How do you guys feel about online Mastering?

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by solo83, Jan 23, 2016.

1. solo83

solo83 Platinum Record

They let you drop and drag wav and mp3 files onto their website and give you an instant preview of their master to your song. Sounds like they just slap a limiter on the whole thing and hope people will be satisfied with a volume boost..lol. What are your thoughts on this?

https://www.landr.com/en

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

i naively hope they do more than just feed a limiter, but even if it is really sophisticated i'm not even remotely interested in this for the following reasons-
    1. i am a hobbyist, and don't produce nearly enough finished content to warrant paying for a subscription.
    2. The free 192kbps option seems pointless.
    3. Anything i do finish, i quite enjoy having a go myself (even if i am totally awful at mastering).
    4. If i ever make anything really good that i think "f**k, this song will make me famous!" i will pay a decent engineer a reasonable fee to do a really good job for me.

4. Adrianus Antonius

Adrianus Antonius Producer

The same way like about online masturbating.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  5. solo83

solo83 Platinum Record

lol. personally I think its cheesy and cheap. But they definetly have a market. Especially for starving artist

6. Enoch007

Enoch007 Kapellmeister

Absolutely NOT

7. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

There are enough you tube videos out there to learn how to master tracks yourself, and to probably a much higher standard.

8. Aswad

Aswad Ultrasonic

there are other websites where they take your wav file and master it for real then you get one minute demo of your song
    but if you are a homestudio guy just master beat your self lol

9. peterA

peterA Platinum Record

I did try them with a couple of tracks but didn't notice any major improvement. Maybe a bit louder and a top end boost but nothing to make me feel I needed their service. I just went back and added those things myself.

10. fuad

fuad Producer

As a mastering guy myself I find these sites funny to say the least. I have tried Landr just to see what the hype was about. Distorted, a bit louder and overcompressed is what i got. It just doesn't work. Mastering has to take into consideration so many different things and its a matter of personal taste and some things you can't fix or improve in mastering, you actually have to go back and tweak your mix. I don't know, but if you feel then it's good enough for what you're looking for then it's good enough.