How Do You Do A Sidechain Delay in Samplitude Pro X3

Discussion in 'Samplitude' started by GoldenEar, May 9, 2018.

1. GoldenEar

GoldenEar Ultrasonic

I saw in a tutorial. That you put a delay first followed by a compressor in an aux send and sidechain it to the track? and send it?

Or is there an in the box plugin ducking delay in samplitude pro x3?

3. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

I don't get what you want to accomplish. If you want to do a delay in Sam just use an aux, why the sidechain part ? what else you want to accomplish beside the delay ? You only need a sidechain in addition with your compressor (or gate) if you want to drive the compression (or gating whichever) with another audio source than the one used for the delay. There is no need to use both aux and sidechain for a simple delay.

4. GoldenEar

GoldenEar Ultrasonic

I wanna duck the delay in a vocal. Thats why I wanna use a compressor after the delay. It will save me time from just riding the delay/automating the delay. It's a technique.

5. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Yep got ya, you didn't explain it was for ducking the delay of vocals, wasn't sure what you were aiming for. Then yep it's like you wrote first. Put the compressor after the delay on a send track, activate the side chain in the compressor, choose your track source for the sidechain fo the compressor, adjust settings. Done.

6. GoldenEar

GoldenEar Ultrasonic

Thank you!!!! :)