How do you attach your guitar straps?

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by aleksy, May 12, 2024.

?

How do you attach your guitar straps to your guitar (referring to the adjustable part)?

1. above / top / upper half

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. below / bottom / lower half

100.0%
  3. randomly

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. aleksy

aleksy Kapellmeister

Hi everybody,

just a quick poll thread because I'm curious about the way you would attach a guitar strap to your guitar.
    I'm specifically referring to adjustable straps (specifically nylon straps) and the "direction" of the adjustable part.
    I've never thought about it too much, which is why I have a mix of different attachments on my guitars.

Perhaps there is a correct way to attach straps, that I'm unfamiliar with yet?
    I don't know, you tell me.

To visualize what I mean exactly, here's two example pictures:
    above.jpg below.jpg
    Left - "above / top / upper half"
    Right - "below / bottom / lower half"

Cheers,
    aleksy

3. mk_96

mk_96 Audiosexual

I just attach them in a way that the "single" part is on my shoulder. Reason? That's usually where the padding thing is, and you want that to be on your shoulder. If there's no padding (like in your case), i don't think it matters at all.