HOW DO THEY MAKE HIGH QUALITY ((HD))DUBSTEP MUSIC?

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by gymclass.heroes, Aug 30, 2016.

1. gymclass.heroes

gymclass.heroes Newbie

hello guys
    i want you to listen this song its quality is diffrent with ours....

is there any turtoial to make a professional mixing and mastering like this?any youtube channel any videos turtoials.... thanks...

3. kendo

kendo Newbie

Making Music is no magic bruh, it starts in your head and you just have to make what you want.
    If youre listen close to this Song youve posted you can hear exactly what he did in his song, to rebuild those songs is mostly the best you can do if you want to learn something for yourself. Dont be shy to use samples or libaries but try your best to make all by yourself.

There are Tons of professional mixing and mastering turtoials out there. Mostly you can find .PDF files or short articles in Magazines.
    On Youtube its pretty hard to find everything you need to know about this process. You have to watch tons of videos from tons of different ppl and all of them have their own mixing and mastering routine xD

actually you can ask friends after mixing your track, what they think about the quality or play the song to yourself in your car, on your mobile device, on ther computers ofcourse and you will know if something is wrong when it sounds like shit in the car but good in your headphones lel :D

https://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialVirtualRiot

4. Lepow

Lepow Producer

1st: You have to drop all that mid-range saw synth...
    2nd: Add back what you've subtracted above as sub base...
    and start building from that...

5. mozee

mozee Audiosexual

Are both links of the same song by the same artist?

I don't know how to compare - them to you and put in anything relevant while only tasting the apples, maybe a sample of the oranges would help.

6. Bill Vkerchi?

Bill Vkerchi? Kapellmeister

First of all, they use the ultra high definition vst plugins, the kinda stuff that isn't available for the general public, they don't advertise it, though. In fact they will actively convince you that it's not true and i'm talking crap. Only deadmau5 slept a couple of times saying Steve Duda is making boutique plugins for him. Luckily for you, i know some people, but they won't work for free, i will need 579$ sent my way to make it happen. So the question is do you want to sound HISGH QUALITY, or remain an amateur.

• Funny x 2
    • Interesting x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • List
  7. mozee

mozee Audiosexual

If you are comparing Youtube to Soundcloud, Youtube is higher bit rate and normalized.

Soundcloud is pushing through whatever was uploaded at 128Kbps so it sounds like like -5 to -4.5.

Youtube is normalized to -14LUFS and is encoded at a higher bitrade AAC, so there is less Lossy compression going on in an HD stream.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. jynx

jynx Platinum Record

an interesting concept but it stinks of hypocracy , not you yourself also not that you said this exactly, but its similar to saying to someone "your programmings shit but gimme 600 quid and i will change all that for you"
    Not meaning to either start an argument nor be argumentative but cmon if true do you not think its absolutley stinks that its not done in the first place "unless ive missed the point over these last 20 years i just cant understand that and i adore serum and use it often and those patches whilst skillfully executed arent so ridiculously difficult to program

9. mozee

mozee Audiosexual

You really falling for the super high quality vst plugins stuff???????????

I have a bridge in Brooklyn N.Y. I can sell you as well, over one million people cross it everyday. You can charge them a dollar each to cross it, since they will have no choice but to pay. Send me 350 Million Dollars, you'll make you money back in a less than a year and the rest is pure profit.

10. jynx

jynx Platinum Record

i understand the bridge analogy but i just dont think its right "not meaning correct" i get it i do....Believe me ive dealt in similar tricks in my earlier years but i just think its exploitation to the highest degree, Im sorry ,i ll probably grt slammed for this but i think that because people have no choice to pay to cross a bridge or whatever it may be. theres no need to exploit it.....
    Maybe its me coming from a poor background i dunno and im certainly not making assumptions thats you may or may not have had a hard life also and come out the other end and if so well done! but that especially is one thing i just dont like the fact that the rich just get richer whilst peeps like myself and thousands of others get poorer n poorer "not in a job or musical sence just in general for those reasons" But dont get me wrong i enjoy a debate which was quite nice a change as i do know i can go on a bit he he hope you didnt mind:like:

11. Matt777

Matt777 Rock Star

..to be clear - you mean the quality is better than the quality you are able to achieve? (You can not talk for other members; I would speculate some are even capable of reproducing this, quality-wise)
    If this is the case, like @mozee pointed out, give us something to compare (your track vs this..) - the only way those who produce dubstep or similar will be able to help.

I'm not an expert in this genere, but first things first, the track IMO is well "composed" (the samples carefully selected, the contrast, the distribution of power and the combination of different parts in to a frame..) No HQ can save a bad composition. I think frustration comes from neglecting this part. When you have something really good in your hands (and what these guys do) is to give it to a mixing engineer. He'll do his job and mastering eng wil bring everything to HQ.

The tricky part for you is to decide if you have something good enough to invest in (you'll have to pay $$$) and even then..
    I think there are no shortcuts (exceptions to the rule? maybe..)

12. gymclass.heroes

gymclass.heroes Newbie

VIRTUAL RIOT IS ANOTHER ARTIST WHICH IS GOOD IN THIS JOB.
    ACTUALLY I WAS TALKING ONE OF THIS PRODUCERS THEY SAID THEY ONLY USE WAVES,FAB FILTER,OZONE.ITS SO SIMPLE BUT WHEN YOU LOOK BUT WHEN YOU TRY...

13. tidus1990

tidus1990 Producer

OMFG!!! this is so HD bro!

14. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

This has to be troll bait

15. mozee

mozee Audiosexual

I am putting this down as an HD HQ Troll post.

Maximum resolution and bit rate.

16. BumBcL0t

BumBcL0t Producer

You need at least 7 Soundgoodizers on your master channel if you want to make good brostep tunes, mate.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. Impressive

Impressive Guest

Just to clarify, are you a member of the REAL Gym Class Heroes pop group? Stupid question, I agree. But I've seen much crazier things on these forums. Lol

18. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

No Brah! You got your sausage fattener to Soundgoodizer ratio all wrong. Its 4 Soundgoodizers with 3 sausage fatteners, aternating. But starting and ending with Soundgoodizers.

19. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

If you use ableton instead of fl, heres a plug with the same algorithm as Soungoodizer. You might have to jbridge it if youre x64 tho

http://youwashockvst.googlepages.com/

*truth about the algos

20. gymclass.heroes

gymclass.heroes Newbie

I SURELY USE ABLETON AND I HAVE TESTED THAT PLUGIN...WE ALL KNOW THAT FL HAS MOST STUPID QUALITY BETWEEN DAWS...AND ALL THIS PRODUCERS USE ABLETON THATS WHY I LOVE ABLETON ITS REALLY FOR EXPERTS...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  21. jynx

jynx Platinum Record

EXPERTS...[/QUOTE]
    WE ALL KNOW THAT FL HAS MOST STUPID QUALITY BETWEEN DAWS
    ...AND ALL THIS PRODUCERS USE ABLETON THATS WHY I LOVE ABLETON ITS REALLY FOR EXPERTS...sorry but could you elaborate a little as i genuinley dont agree nor understand youre animosxity toward fl "certainly all older vertions" but 12.3 is utter exellence by comparision to fl 10/11 and 12.1/i do use ableton here n there aswell ....i still program bases melodies via hartdware triggered by cv/gate midiconvertor /into the ol classic cubase 3/4 via the Atari 1040st and the falcon"both of which i still own" etc /always happy to learn somethin new and always happy to apologise if im wrong
    re anything really.............Im genuinley interested why youd be of this persuation about this subject/of course were all entitlied to our own opinionses ......i do enjoy a friendly debate especially when i dissagree to this Extent btw i know pleny of extremely succesfull users "pro users" of fl/and so many others ,abletons excellent i agree just not the bee and end all if that makes sense.....and also know plenty who dislike it too ,not to say thats right of course........

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016