How do I use UAD'S Console with zero latency in FL Studio?

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by alwin1, Feb 12, 2021.

1. alwin1

alwin1 Kapellmeister

So I have an Apollo twin and I would like to record vocals without latency inside Fl Studio.
    I set everything up in Console like compression, reverb and pre Amps but I have actually no clue how to use it in FL Studio and what the workflow is.

Can anyone tell me that please?

Thanks.

3. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

The point of the UAD console is that you can monitor your recordings, with effects, without going through your DAW. So you would mute monitoring in FL. By default the console should output whatever signal is coming in unless you mute the channel in console.

Keep in mind that any plugins in the unison slot will be printed to the recording. On the master/control room channel of Console there are two buttons side by side called MON and REC I believe. This determines whether plugins after the unison slot are recorded. MON lets you monitor them without printing to audio. REC records them to the vocal

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. alwin1

alwin1 Kapellmeister

Thank you for your answer.

So if I understood correctly, I have to go to Fl, choose a mixer slot, choose my mic and unroute my mic from the daws master channel so I only hear the mic through console?

5. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

yeah that's pretty much it. I don't use FL so I don't know the details of routing with it, but you don't want to hear the vocal coming back from your DAW. If you're monitoring through your DAW, you're getting all the latency from your DAW's audio buffer and any plugins added to the project. The Apollo processes its own plugins within the interface's DSP, which is why you can add plugs in Console without getting latency.

Have fun!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List