How do I test plugins for graphical issues or laggy responses ?

Discussion in 'Software' started by arthez, Jan 26, 2024.

1. arthez

arthez Newbie

Shared plugins or 3rd party or whatever just has so many issues and it makes the daw feel so terrible.
    Portal is the worse offender of this. 2 or more portals and it becomes so buggy. I tried looking up disable opengl or something typical but there was nothing. There's only one shared plugin that works too, and it's the earliest one where favorites don't even work but at least it doesn't forge the preset.

I just go back into sessions and it lags a lot and I would like less issues but I don't always enjoy rendering so how do I go about troubleshooting or changing parameters, or fixes toward these graphical issues or something.

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

You can have a plugin with some kind of abnormal performance, or some new requirement where that plugin won't work or performs poorly. But those are exceptions you shouldn't really be seeing very many of. You would be asking for help with one plugin, but not some reoccurring issue like you have asked about.

Something about your system, like your DAW, OS, CPU, drivers, audio interface, or video card/graphics processor are your likely problem. You need to do some troubleshooting to find out the problem, because it is not likely to be your individual plugins causing the problems.

Someone on windows (not me) will have to give you some troubleshooting tips. You should post the detailed system specs of the machine in the meantime.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2024
  4. arthez

arthez Newbie

it is a fairly new plugin. usually it's just one or two that overall make the difference to me at least. I learned about fast idle and that helps with serum, but toward plugins that are newer and are opting for Open-GL usage. These plugins toward my AMD GPU I think effects it. I opted for a K cpu so there is no integrated graphics. Now the plugin Fuse compressor or other minimal audio plugins have my computer completely unresponsive until playback stops.