How do i replicate Bo Burnhams vocal effects?

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by Shot In The Aftermath, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Pitch shifting on some words. Wow. Forensic audio investigation. You're an idiot. Seriously, you're an idiot.

2. I can only repeat. You're an idiot.

3. justwannadownload

justwannadownload Audiosexual

Finally snapped, I see.
    Denial is a hell of a drug, especially paired with incompetence.

4. Incompetence? Would you care to compare my forty plus years of professional qualifications against yours? Are you certain you are going to win this battle?

5. justwannadownload

I already "won" this "battle". You didn't hear the pitch-shifting artefacts.
    By the way, I listened to some of bobur's other works and
    1) He's a mediocre singer, almost never "in tune";
    2) There's also formant shifting going on!
    Really, Lenny, I don't get where you're coming from at all. He's not good, his timbre is higher whenever he sings live, the pitch-shifting chirping is noticeable in OP-video and your fourty years of expertise didn't let you hear any of this.

Oh, and there's also a modern-ass brighter-than-life multiband compression and saturation on the voice, which is a complete overkill in this scenario. Punctuated nicely by YouTube messing it up.

6. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

Unfortunately this might also initiate a repeat of the 70s.

7. KitCat5532

KitCat5532 Newbie

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=0a40...OUEwRTA0NzE5QjRGRUUzREMxRSZGT1JNPVZJUkU&ntb=1
    watch this. it has no auto tune and its a live performance. it proves that people including bo burnham, can sing without auto tune. if there was auto tune in the "welcome to internet" video (which there wasn't) it was purely for the style of the song and not pitch shifting.

8. justwannadownload

Here's the vid:

I watched it way back then and this is why I say he's a mediocre singer. Also listen to this vid and then to OP vid and tell me with a straight face that OP vid has no auto-tune.