How do I replace a legit Kontakt 7?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by pyraghost, Jun 7, 2024.

1. pyraghost

pyraghost Newbie

So, I am on a mac and I use Logic. I have a lot of old kontakt libraries from various sources that I run in an old k'd version Kontakt 6.7.

BUT I also have a lot of legit kontakt libraries that I bought and I run these in a legit and full Kontakt 7 that I also bought.

I am getting sick of having two versions of Kontakt and having to think about it all the time (which version do I use for what, which library works in which version etc).

What should I do to solve that? Install a cracked Kontakt 7 OVER the legit one (which version should I use)? Or uninstall the legit one first and then install the k'd version? What's the ideal process here?
    And will native access / komplete kontrol still work if my version of Kontakt is cracked (I also have a Keyboard from NI)? Or should I download everything from Komplete first to have it on my hard drive for late use?

Kinda lost here. I tried to google it, but couldn't find an answer. I am afraid that my legit products won't work anymore or I won't be able to download them again if I use a k'd Kontakt 7. But I would not mind if don't get the useless "updates" for instruments anymore.

Bonus question: Will this fuck up all of my existing Logic Projects and do I have to relocate everything or things like that? Because I guess it will and I am kind of paranoid about it, because even moving libraries to different hard drives did cause a LOT of problems to my existing projects in the past. This will probably be worse, right?

3. Magic Max

Magic Max Platinum Record

You can install k'd version of Kontakt and still use all libraries, k'd or not. You won't fuck up your old Logic projects unless they were created in V6 for example. You're over thinking it. I run Logic, use k'd K7 all the time (stopped using my legit Kontakt long ago) along with my NI Kontrol keyboard and never need to use Native Access. My advice is just delete legit from the apps folder. All prefs will remain and ensure that all of your legit libraries are available at once.

4. xorome

xorome Audiosexual

Before contemplating this, I'd temporarily move out the K6 plugin and try opening a bunch of projects where you used K6, to check if Logic auto-migration to K7 works for you - it doesn't for everyone.

NA has been indifferent to me having unlocked Kontakt installed so far. If paranoid, you can install NA in a VM or on a different machine and download your libraries that way. It'll pester you about not having Kontakt installed, but that's all.