How do I patch

Discussion in 'Software' started by zoroarkzone, Dec 3, 2022.

1. zoroarkzone

zoroarkzone Newbie

I'm trying to download ejay(I just found the mega collection) from the internet archive and this is what the poster said about it:
    I tried to replace the yaru.dll file, but it still needed a serial number to use, I don't know if I did something wrong or not, it's been hard for me to understand patching, I'm kinda slow with learning these concepts, I feel so dumb...

3. Paul Pi

Paul Pi Audiosexual

I've not tried this software (or ever heard if it) but i see on the official site you can download a trial copy. So, I suggest you:

1. Uninstall the version you've currently installed.
    2. Download/Install the trial/demo version (which no doubt comes with a serial code).
    3. Read the darn README file (as per your patched installer notes suggestion), though it looks like you simply have to overwrite the demo version's yaru.dll with the patched one.

Good luck!

4. zoroarkzone

zoroarkzone Newbie

I already tried downloading the trial version, but sadly I never recieved a trial code, even from the official/legit, maybe they've stoppedgiving serial numbers but I don't know, I'm not american, I'm in south america and who knows if they don't work there. Maybe I just don't know how to use a serial code from Ejay

5. Paul Pi

Paul Pi Audiosexual

To receive the serial number, you have to hit 'trial' on the software startup splash screen, which then opens a window where you must enter an email address for them to send you the code.

So... run the program once you've got a serial number to start the trial. Enter the serial number. Close the software THEN copy/overwrite the yaru.dll with the patched one - i think that's what the releaser had in mind, though of course i could be wrong, farewell!

EDIT: IF you've given them an email address to send the code to already, but haven't received their mail in your inbox, firstly you should check in your spam/junk email folder, 'cos your spam filters may well marked it thus and dumped the email there.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2022
  6. zoroarkzone

zoroarkzone Newbie

I got the trial code and I want help understanding what the darn README says, here:
    I downloaded the legit Ejay Dance 6 Reloaded, and I replaced the yaru.dll file where it said it should, how do I know if it worked?