How do I make this snare effect?

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by Mixtic, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Mixtic

Mixtic Guest

3. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Yes. Spring reverb. There are plugins like Softube Spring Reverb and there are spring impulses that you can use in convolution reverbs (even free ones).

Or you can run your rimshot (send/aux) through a bandpass and a reverb through a tremolo, if you are bored.

If you are really bored, you can "play" a spring reverb:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  4. Mixtic

Mixtic Guest

Yah that’s gotta be it. That video of the spring reverb being played is a trip. Also, do you think you know how he created that pad throughout? It definitely sounds like something made in omnisphere maybe utilizing some granular synthesis.

5. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Yeah, it was a trip playing the reverb. Fun times. :)

The pad can be anything. You can get very close with just any subtractive- or wavetable synth. Stacking some wavetables and detuning/unisoning them. Subtle automations of the lowpass filter cutoff is a start. The bass and the pads are quite similar and they are both affected by the kick-triggered duck/SC compression, but i think they are two different synths (and that the ducking is on the summing bus).